What could a good question be based on the underlined words?

Status
Not open for further replies.

learning54

Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
Spanish
Home Country
Spain
Current Location
Spain
Hi teachers,
According to this sentence, 'Grant builds houses much better', What could a good question be based on the underlined words? It doesn't sound very good to my ears, 'How does he build houses?' If it was that one, I will need '... than somebody else' at the end of the sentence, won't I?

Thanks in advance.

learning54

Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
Spanish
Home Country
Spain
Current Location
Spain
Hi teachers,
According to this sentence, 'Grant builds houses much better', What could a good question be based on the underlined words? It doesn't sound very good to my ears, 'How does he build houses?' If it was that one, I will need '... than somebody else' at the end of the sentence, won't I?
Thanks in advance.

On a second thought, how about this one, 'Grant builds houses slowly but well.' Then the question, 'How does he build houses?', fits completely, doesn't it?
BTW. These sentences are on my own and are taken from shorts stories that I have written myself.

bhaisahab

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
England
Current Location
Ireland
On a second thought, how about this one, 'Grant builds houses slowly but well.' Then the question, 'How does he build houses?', fits completely, doesn't it?
BTW. These sentences are on my own and are taken from shorts stories that I have written myself.

Yes, that's better.

Status
Not open for further replies.