Interested in Language
Native Language
Romanian
Home Country
Romania
Current Location
Romania
Good evening,

I have received a chance to work for one year in another country for a Project.
My actual employer agrees with this collaboration and for one year my present position will be safe for when I return.
I have to write a motivation letter and also a recommendation letter that my employer needs to sign. I will present that by the end of the week.

Thank you in advance for all your comments!

Penelope Resa
Address

Name
Designation
Name of Org
Address of Org

Dear Mrs. Jones,

I am applying for the Financial Expert position of the LL Project Team Company in charge of establishing the SEE CAO.

TEL has been my first employer for 10 years now. I started when I was still studying for my first University – Accounting and Finances Management as an Assistant Manager. It was a newly established branch and in this position I have organized all activity of the department from the beginning. After graduation I was promoted also in a new established department on the branch Human Resources Inspector being in charge of 52 employees starting from organizing and performing the recruitment process, hiring, every month records of presence sent to accounting office for payments, scheduling professional training, vacation planning and all activities related to HR department. In June 2010, the Branch was dissolved and I was moved to the mother Company TEL as an economist in the Commercial Division. Presently, I am in responsible with Auction Office for Allocation Capacity Market. I took part in negotiations for Auction Rules and Agreement with neighbor TSO as one of the representative of the Commercial Division, organized long term auctions on DAMAS Platform, invoiced allocated capacity to traders both on long term and short term auctions, settled financially with partner TSO in cases of Joint Auctions (BG and HU). In this position, I was able to present my creative ideas and communicate the benefits for changing some financial reports and drafts of incomes, invoices and settlements. I have excellent knowledge of the accounting software and financial analysis program.

My top five dominant themes of talent proved also by Gallup Strengths Finder Test are: Strategy, Activator, Study, Communication and WOO (Winning Others Over). I acknowledge all of them but my distinguished talents that make me an important asset for any company are: Strategy together with Activator. The Strategic theme enables me to sort through the clutter and find the best route and the Activator that helps me to act. For me, only action is real and makes things happen. For example, if the decision has been made to go across town, I know that the fastest way to get there is to go stoplight to stoplight. I am not going to sit around waiting until all the lights have turned green.
In terms of interpersonal communication, I am responsive to my colleagues and I am eager to help whenever possible. I am good at team work, able to consider and analyze different opinions and take the lead when necessary.

I thrive on intellectual challenges of all sorts and that’s why I consider with this Project, moving in Podgorica, learning the language, will provide me with the opportunity to increase my experience in my field and I will also benefit greatly by working with different people from different culture.
It is beyond doubt that I am best suited for the job and I am sure with my hard work, passion and great knowledge of the subject, our relationship will be mutually beneficial.
I have enclosed my resume and recommendation letter together with this letter and I am looking forward to a personal interaction with you.
Thank you for the time that you have given to read my letter.

Faithfully yours,
Penelope Resa

Last edited:

Littlebig

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Romanian
Home Country
Romania
Current Location
Romania
Is it too long? Is the grammar ok? Do I have a clear writing? I forgot to mention that english is not my native language

Anyone?

billmcd

Key Member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Good evening,

I have received a chance to work for one year in another country for a Project.
My actual employer agrees with this collaboration and for one year my present position will be safe for when I return.
I have to write a motivation letter and also a recommendation letter that my employer needs to sign. I will present that by the end of the week.

Thank you in advance for all your comments!

Penelope Resa
Address

Name
Designation
Name of Org
Address of Org

Dear Mrs. Jones,

[STRIKE]I am applying [/STRIKE]This is my application for the Financial Expert position of the LL Project Team Company in charge of establishing the SEE CAO.

[STRIKE]TEL has been my first employer for 10 years now.[/STRIKE] I have been employed by TEL for the last ten years. I [STRIKE]started[/STRIKE] began with TEL as my first employer when I was still studying [STRIKE]for my first [/STRIKE] at University. I am an Assistant Manager, Accounting and Finances Management [STRIKE]as an Assistant Manager[/STRIKE]. When I began my employment, it was a newly established branch and in this position I have organized all activities of the department [STRIKE]from the beginning[/STRIKE]. After graduation, I was promoted[STRIKE] also [/STRIKE]to Human Resources (HR) Inspector in a new established department [STRIKE]on the branch Human Resources Inspector [/STRIKE] being in charge of 52 employees [STRIKE]starting from[/STRIKE] with duties that included organizing and performing the recruitment process, hiring, [STRIKE]every month records of presence[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]sent to accounting office for payments[/STRIKE], attendance recording, scheduling professional training, vacation planning and [STRIKE]all [/STRIKE] and other activities related to HR department. In June 2010, the Branch was dissolved and I was moved to the mother Company TEL as an economist in the Commercial Division. Presently, I am[STRIKE] in [/STRIKE]responsible [STRIKE]with[/STRIKE] for liason with the Auction Office for the Allocation Capacity Market. I took part in negotiations for Auction Rules and Agreements with neighbor TSO as one of the representatives of the Commercial Division, that organized long term auctions on the DAMAS Platform. It also included invoiced allocated capacity to traders both[STRIKE] on [/STRIKE]long term and short term auctions, and settled financially with partner TSO in cases of Joint Auctions (BG and HU). In this position, I was able to present my creative ideas and communicate the benefits for [STRIKE]changing some [/STRIKE] changes to financial reports and drafts of incomes, invoices and settlements. I have an excellent knowledge of the accounting software and financial analysis program.

My top five dominant [STRIKE]themes of talent [/STRIKE] qualities based on the [STRIKE]proved also by [/STRIKE]Gallup Strengths Finder Test are: Strategy, Activator, Study, Communication and WOO (Winning Others Over). I [STRIKE]acknowledge all of them but my distinguished talents that make me an important asset for any company are:[/STRIKE] believe particularly that my strongest assets are Strategic Planning together with Activator. The Strategic theme enables me to sort through the clutter and find the best route and the Activator quality that helps me to [STRIKE]act[/STRIKE] perform. (These statements are unnecessary and extremely simplistic: For me, only action is real and makes things happen. For example, if the decision has been made to go across town, I know that the fastest way to get there is to go stoplight to stoplight. I am not going to sit around waiting until all the lights have turned green.)
In terms of interpersonal communication, I am responsive to my colleagues and I am eager to help whenever possible. I am good at team work, able to consider and analyze different opinions and take the lead when necessary.

I thrive on intellectual challenges of all sorts and that’s why I consider with this Project, moving in Podgorica, learning the language, will provide me with the opportunity to increase my experience in my field and I will also benefit greatly by working with different people from different cultures.
It is beyond doubt that I am best suited for the job and I am sure with my hard work, passion and great knowledge of the subject, our relationship will be mutually beneficial.
I have enclosed my resume and recommendation letter together with this letter and I am looking forward to a personal interaction with you.
Thank you for the time that you have given to read my letter.

Faithfully yours,
Penelope Resa

Here are some suggestions.. I don't know some of the terms/abbreviations you have used, so some of my suggestions might not fit with your intended meaning.

Littlebig

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Romanian
Home Country
Romania
Current Location
Romania
Thank you so much!!! You are a "new life" saver!

Some small clarifications are needed. Presently, I am an economist and my first job was Assistant Manager when I was still studying at University - The Faculty of Accounting and Finances Management.

Littlebig

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Romanian
Home Country
Romania
Current Location
Romania
I have also prepared the recommendation letter that I was told to do on my own. Could you please tell me if I should also add here some qualities that recommends me for the specific job or is it ok with general behavior conduct?

Dear Madam/Sir,

On behalf of TEL, I would like to propose Mrs. Penelope Resa for the Financial Expert position of the SEE CAO PTC.
I have known Mrs. Penelope Resa for 9 years now, both in my current position of Marketing Manager and in my previous role of Executive Director of TEL Branch - CGES.

The current position of Mrs. Resa is in the Auction Office for cross border transmission capacities and this required her to study and implement the principles and rules of EU Regulations, National Authority Regulations, Agreements and Auction Rules with neighbouring TSO’s which she has acknowledged very conscientous and with much diligence.
During Mrs. Resa’s service with TEL, I interacted frequently with her and depended on her. She is keenly devoted to her work, reliable but also enjoyable to be around.

Mrs. Resa demonstrated from early in her tenure that she understood what the energy sector is all about. She was well organized, she was quite aware of the bottom line and had a talent for recognizing and eliminating waste. I suppose doing well in business is easy if you are, as she is, driven in equal measure by both quality and efficiency.

In closing, let me say, I have no hesitation in recommending Mrs. Penelope Resa for the position of Financial Expert. I feel confident that she would be a great asset to the SEE CAO.

Sincerely yours,

billmcd

Key Member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
I have also prepared the recommendation letter that I was told to do on my own. Could you please tell me if I should also add here some qualities that recommends me for the specific job or is it ok with general behavior conduct?

Dear Madam/Sir,

On behalf of TEL, I would like to propose Mrs. Penelope Resa for the Financial Expert position of the SEE CAO PTC.
I have known Mrs. Penelope Resa for 9 years now, both in my current position of Marketing Manager and in my previous role of Executive Director of TEL Branch - CGES.

The current position of Mrs. Resa is in the Auction Office for cross border transmission capacities and this required her to study and implement the principles and rules of EU Regulations, National Authority Regulations, Agreements and Auction Rules with neighbouring TSO’s which she has [STRIKE]acknowledged[/STRIKE] performed very conscientously and with [STRIKE]much[/STRIKE] extreme diligence.
During Mrs. Resa’s service with TEL, I interacted frequently with her and depended on her. She is keenly devoted to her work, reliable but also enjoyable to be around.

Mrs. Resa demonstrated from early in her tenure that she understood what the energy sector is all about. She was well organized,[STRIKE] she [/STRIKE]was quite aware of the bottom line and had a talent for recognizing and eliminating waste. I suppose doing well in business is easy if you are, as she is, driven in equal measure by both quality and efficiency.

In closing, let me say, I have no hesitation in recommending Mrs. Penelope Resa for the position of Financial Expert. I feel confident that she would be a great asset to the SEE CAO.

Sincerely yours,

Looks great. I particularly like the way you have worded the second to last paragraph. Good luck.

Littlebig

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Romanian
Home Country
Romania
Current Location
Romania
Thanks a lot!
Today I will send my file ;-)

Kind regards,