Does " stopped participating in hospital care" mean "stopped my doctor career"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NewHopeR

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
China
Does " stopped participating in hospital care" mean "stopped my doctor career"?

Context:

To administer medical care that makes people suffer is anguishing. Physicians are trained to gather information without revealing any of their own feelings, but in private, among fellow doctors, they'll vent. "How can anyone do that to their family members?" they'll ask. I suspect it's one reason physicians have higher rates of alcohol abuse and depression than professionals in most other fields. I know it's one reason I stopped participating in hospital care for the last 10 years of my practice.

More

billmcd

Key Member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Re: Does " stopped participating in hospital care" mean "stopped my doctor career"?

Context:

To administer medical care that makes people suffer is anguishing. Physicians are trained to gather information without revealing any of their own feelings, but in private, among fellow doctors, they'll vent. "How can anyone do that to their family members?" they'll ask. I suspect it's one reason physicians have higher rates of alcohol abuse and depression than professionals in most other fields. I know it's one reason I stopped participating in hospital care for the last 10 years of my practice.

More

I would think that he has been in private practice for the last ten years as opposed to practicing at/in a hospital..

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Re: Does " stopped participating in hospital care" mean "stopped my doctor career"?

I agree. I think for the last ten years of his medical career he continued to practise as a doctor but not in a hospital situation.

Last edited:

5jj

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
Czech Republic
Current Location
Czech Republic

I think for the last ten years of his medical career he continued to practice as a doctor but not in a hospital situation.
What did you say your native language was?

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK

What did you say your native language was?

Sadly, my native language is not the same as my auto-correct setting's native language! Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.