• Student or Learner
      • Native Language:
      • Polish
      • Home Country:
      • Poland
      • Current Location:
      • UK
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Could you check this letter, please!

Thanks for any help!

Dear Martha,
    Thanks a lot for your letter. It was lovely to hear from You again!
    Iím writing to give You a brief description of the holiday You asked about.
    The company I went with organises walking trips in different parts of the world. I decided to go for a five-day walking trip in Israel, even though it was quite expensive.
    I must admit I wasnít fully prepared for such an excruciating effort. I didnít expect it would be that hard! Sometimes I struggled to keep up with the rest of the people in the group. However, there were some amazingly beautiful sceneries on the way that certainly made up for the effort. The people I walked with were nice as well as our really knowledgeable guide who was so Ďdeftí that he got us lost a few times on the way. We found it to be quite amusing though. We had some really great food on the way. Having the chance to try the local cuisine was one of the best parts of the trip. The worst moment of the trip was the last day. It turned out that the hotel was not ready for us when we got there! Fortunately, everything was sorted out eventually.
    To sum up, I must say I really enjoyed that holiday. It was a great and memorable experience, despite a few organisational flaws and the overall cost of it. If you are short on money at the moment, I recommend You put it off. And if You decide to do it, make sure You prepare a little for the walk before You go. You may be really surprised how strenuous it is.
    Love,

Barb_D is offline Moderator
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Other
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Could you check this letter, please!

Quote Originally Posted by leszkoss View Post
    Thanks for any help!

Dear Martha,
    Thanks a lot for your letter. It was lovely to hear from You again!
    I’m writing to give You a brief description of the holiday You asked about.
    The company I went with organises walking trips in different parts of the world. I decided to go for a five-day walking trip in Israel, even though it was quite expensive.
    I must admit I wasn’t fully prepared for such an excruciating effort. I didn’t expect it would be that hard! Sometimes I struggled to keep up with the rest of the people in the group. However, there were some amazingly beautiful sceneries on the way that certainly made up for the effort. The people I walked with were nice as well as our really knowledgeable guide who was so ‘deft’ that he got us lost a few times on the way. We found it to be quite amusing though. We had some really great food on the way. Having the chance to try the local cuisine was one of the best parts of the trip. The worst moment of the trip was the last day. It turned out that the hotel was not ready for us when we got there! Fortunately, everything was sorted out eventually.
    To sum up, I must say I really enjoyed that holiday. It was a great and memorable experience, despite a few organisational flaws and the overall cost of it. If you are short on money at the moment, I recommend You put it off. And if You decide to do it, make sure You prepare a little for the walk before You go. You may be really surprised how strenuous it is.
    Love,
    Don't capitalize "you." "Scenery" is not countable."Excruitiating" might be too strong a word. Otherwise a very good job.
    I'm not a teacher, but I write for a living. Please don't ask me about 2nd conditionals, but I'm a safe bet for what reads well in (American) English.

leszkoss is offline Junior Member
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Student or Learner
      • Native Language:
      • Polish
      • Home Country:
      • Poland
      • Current Location:
      • UK
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Could you check this letter, please!

That was a quick response. Thanks a lot Barb_D!