• Chinese
      • Home Country:
      • Taiwan
      • Current Location:
      • Taiwan
    Post Thanks / Like

broke the notions of stiff images

Please check the following essay.

The sincere, courageous, clearly loving and hating, and indomitable female image under Miyazaki written is the well model the modern women should learn.

The female not only was numerous in amount and the standings was high in Miyazaki’s animations, but also much better than men in the abilities of facing and solving problems in really world. Their abilities were mutually complemented with men’s. The female particularities the male doesn’t own like cautiousness, toughness and faithfulness, and the male characters the female lack like audacities and enterprises, masterly make up the complementarity.

He thoroughly grasped the features of female characters and very clearly shown it out, and broke the notions of stiff images in traditional sex. He let people view the strong and brave aspect of female.

Raymott is offline VIP Member
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Academic
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • Australia
      • Current Location:
      • Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: broke the notions of stiff images

Quote Originally Posted by Ashiuhto View Post
    Please check the following essay.

The sincere, courageous, clearly loving and hating, and indomitable female image under Miyazaki written is the well model the modern women should learn.

The female not only was numerous in amount and the standings was high in Miyazaki’s animations, but also much better than men in the abilities of facing and solving problems in really world. Their abilities were mutually complemented with men’s. The female particularities the male doesn’t own like cautiousness, toughness and faithfulness, and the male characters the female lack like audacities and enterprises, masterly make up the complementarity.

He thoroughly grasped the features of female characters and very clearly shown it out, and broke the notions of stiff images in traditional sex. He let people view the strong and brave aspect of female.
    Yes, the grammar is dreadful. Is that what you were asking?

I think "broke the notions of stiff images" is supposed to mean "destroyed/challenged the stereotypes".

Barb_D is offline Moderator
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Other
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States
    Post Thanks / Like

This is puzzling because you usually write in clear sentences. Was a machine used to translate this?
    I'm not a teacher, but I write for a living. Please don't ask me about 2nd conditionals, but I'm a safe bet for what reads well in (American) English.

Ashiuhto is offline Senior Member
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • English Teacher
      • Native Language:
      • Chinese
      • Home Country:
      • Taiwan
      • Current Location:
      • Taiwan
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm puzzled by the following sentences as written. Is the underlined part acceptable?

This is my brother, and he is a Scorpio. His career is a garage man. He always washes cars. He works hard, and he is never lazy. But he is very jealous of people better than him. He is also clearly loving and hating, and indomitable, so he always gets into trouble

Barb_D is offline Moderator
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Other
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ashiuhto View Post
    I'm puzzled by the following sentences as written. Is the underlined part acceptable?

This is my brother, and he is a Scorpio. His career is a garage man. He always washes cars. He works hard, and he is never lazy. But he is very jealous of people better than him. He is also clearly loving and hating, and indomitable, so he always gets into trouble
    No, it's not okay. Also what does being a garbage collector have to do with washing cars?

Is a person's Zodiac sign important in your culture?
    I'm not a teacher, but I write for a living. Please don't ask me about 2nd conditionals, but I'm a safe bet for what reads well in (American) English.