Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
China
Starting ski resorts requires quite a lot of money: hiring land from the local government, preparing the hills, buying snow machines, making sure there are enough water and electricity to run them, and buying ski equipment for hiring out to customers. The ski resort where Mr.Wei works cost nearly $4m to set up .And[FONT=&#23435],[/FONT] as so often in China when someone comes up with a good idea, many others rush in and price wars break out. Beijing now offers some of the cheapest ski training classes in the world, though with most people rather new to the sport, expecting a few more doing the same job.

I feel a little bit puzzled over the grammatical structure of the underlined sentence.

As for "though with most people rather new to the sport", does it equal " though most people are rather new to the sport"?

"expecting a few more doing the same job", could I write " expecting a few more classes to do the same job" instead?

Thank you for your help!

Jason

Barb_D

Staff member
Member Type
Other
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
I'm glad to read that. I didn't think it was clear either.

SoothingDave

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
No clue here, either.

Last edited:

bhaisahab

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
England
Current Location
Ireland
"making sure there are enough water and electricity to run them" There is a problem here as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.