Student or Learner
Native Language
Hungarian
Home Country
Hungary
Current Location
Hungary
Hi everyone,

I'm a humble hungarian student, I'm 14, I've been learning English for over 6 years, and now I think I'm at a level where I can start learning from English Textbooks. And now, I'm wondering where can I download English textbooks such as History, Literature, Maths, Geography, etc. Since I live in Hungary, it'd be very complicated to order books from England, that's why I'm asking this question. Any kinds of e-book, pdf, .doc is perfect to me :)

Thanks for every single answers :)

5jj

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
Czech Republic
Current Location
Czech Republic
Please note that any responses to this MUST be to legally available materials. Any links to sites providing pirated materials or anything that breaches copyright laws will be deleted immediately.

Chicken Sandwich

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Russian
Home Country
Russian Federation
Current Location
Netherlands
Since I live in Hungary, it'd be very complicated to order books from England, that's why I'm asking this question.

I don't understand why it's complicated. Amazon.co.uk delivers books to Hungary. I'm sure there are many more online book stores that do that.

TomUK

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
German
Home Country
Germany
Current Location
UK
Initially, you could go to your local bookshop and ask if they can source the books you wish to acquire. If you don't get anywhere then you could try a bookstore in Budapest: The best bookstore in Budapest for English and French books, newspapers and magazines - Bestsellers. Maybe you already know this shop. I have also found two online shops in the UK who will deliver to Hungary: Foyles in London Books, eBooks, Fiction, Childrens & lots more | Foyles Bookstore. and as CS already wrote www.amazon.co.uk. You will probably have to ask your parents to buy the books for you. It is not complicated to place orders online, but it might be a bit expensive because of the delivery charges.

If you don't want to spend money you could try these websites:

BBC - GCSE Bitesize - Homepage

Wikipedia

I have also found a web forum for maths just by googling "maths forum":

http://www.mymathforum.com/

There are several more. Have a look for yourself.

I am sure if you search for "history forum" or "geography forum" you will find similar for these subjects. If you look around for a bit you will surely find enough freely available material to keep you going for a while.

TomUK

Over the top

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Saudi Arabia
Current Location
Saudi Arabia
If you are not a fan of paper books then use iPad, iPhone or Kindle. I usually use this app ibook. You can highlight words add your notes, translation...etc. You should first buy an US itunes card online then redeem your account and that's all. Any book is a click away from you. There are also free books.

Status
Not open for further replies.