Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Taiwan
Current Location
Taiwan
Would anybody be able to check the paragraph for me?

The person I like most is my grandmother. She is already seventy-five years old, but she still goes the elementary school near my house every day to get exercise. Every day when I come back home from school, she has already prepared delicious dinner for us. She’s good at cooking savory food. She also invents different dishes when she has free time. She never says she’s tired of doing these things for our family. I really appreciate for what she does for us.

CarloSsS

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Czech
Home Country
Czech Republic
Current Location
Czech Republic
The person I like the most is my grandmother. She is already seventy-five years old and she still goes to the elementary school near my house every day to [STRIKE]get[/STRIKE] exercise. Every day when I come back home from school, she has already prepared a delicious dinner for us. She’s good at cooking savory food. She also invents different dishes when she has free time. She never says she’s tired of doing these things for our family. I really appreciate [STRIKE]for [/STRIKE]what she does for us.

See above.

Ashiuhto

Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Taiwan
Current Location
Taiwan
Thanks for your correction. I still have two questions as written.

1. (a) She is already seventy-five years old, and she still goes to the elementary school....
(b) She is already seventy-five years old and she still goes to the elementary school....

Would it be better by adding a comma before the word 'and'?

2. (c) I really appreciate what she does for us.
(d) I really thank what she does for us.

Which sentence is better, (c) or (d) ?

CarloSsS

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Czech
Home Country
Czech Republic
Current Location
Czech Republic
1. Good point! I think comma would be more than suitable, although I don't think it's a crime if you don't use a comma here.

2. c) is correct. D) is incorrect. You could also say something:

I'm really grateful for what she does for us.
I really appreciate everything she does for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.