1. It happened on the day that I left home.
2. It happened on the day when I left home.
3. It happened on the day on which I left home.
4. It happened on the day which I left home. '
Are they all grammatically correct? Sentence 1 is from my grammar books and the others are by me.
Thank you so much in advance.
1. is OK. You could also say 'It happened on the day I left home' and 'It happened the day I left home'.
2 and 3 are possible.
4 is incorrect.
You don't need to thank us in advance. Just click on the Like button after you get an answer you find useful.