• India
      • Current Location:
      • United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Default yoga with my daughter

Hi,

Please correct the following paragraph below
    ----------------------------------
    The benefit of doing yoga with my daughter was not restricted to just that one hour but it gave both of us an enormous benefit in long run. My daughter started chanting ohm when she was almost six months old. She could do many difficult yoga posses better than me when she was just a year old. She learned yoga before she could learned walking. I was surprised to see her standing upside down before her 2nd birth day. I was little worried as her bones especially the collar bone was not matured enough to hold the headstand. I did my research and found that she had not learned to align her body yet and there was no harm is baby is doing all these in playful manner . She is now four and her stuff toys also do yoga specially head stand, wide angle pose and wheel pose. I canít stop my laughter when she appreciates her stuff animals working hard in her poses to hold for longer. I donít think she could be so much flexible if she hasnít started yoga so early. Yoga has become a part of her life like her jumping and running all day long.
    ----------------------------
    Thanks in advance
    Gauri

charliedeut is offline VIP Member
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Interested in Language
      • Native Language:
      • Spanish
      • Home Country:
      • Spain
      • Current Location:
      • Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: yoga with my daughter

Quote Originally Posted by gauri_agr View Post
    Hi,

Please correct the following paragraph below
    The benefit of doing yoga with my daughter was not restricted to just that one hour but it gave both of us an enormous benefit in [the] long run. My daughter started chanting "ohm" when she was almost six months old. She could do many difficult yoga posses postures better than me when she was just a year old. She learned yoga before she had learnt to walking. I was surprised to see her standing upside down before her 2nd birthday. I was a little worried as her bones, especially the collar bone, was not matured enough to hold the headstand. I did my research and found that she had not learnt to align her body yet and there was no [potential] harm, as is [the] baby is doing all these in playful manner. She is now four and her stuff toys also do yoga, specially head stand, wide angle pose/posture and wheel pose/posture. I canít stop my laughter laughing when she appreciates her stuff animals working hard in her their poses to hold for longer. I donít think she could be so much flexible if she hasnít started yoga so early. Yoga has become a part of her life like her jumping and running all day long.
    ----------------------------
    Thanks in advance
    Gauri
    charliedeut
    Last edited by charliedeut; 19-Jul-2012 at 10:35. Reason: Wrong spelling of my own name!
    Please be aware that I'm neither a native English speaker nor a teacher.

5jj is offline VIP Member
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Retired English Teacher
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • England
      • Current Location:
      • Czech Republic
    Post Thanks / Like

The benefit of doing yoga with my daughter was not restricted to just that one hour, but it gave both of us an enormous benefit in the long run. My daughter started chanting ohm when she was almost six months old. She could do many difficult yoga posses better than me when she was just a year old. She learned yoga before she could learned how to walking. I was surprised to see her standing upside down (on her head?) before her 2nd birthno spaceday. I was little worried as her bones, especially the collar bone, was not matured enough to holdbear/support the headstand. I did my research and found that she had not learned to align her body yet and there was no harm is as baby is was doing all these in a playful manner. She is now four, and her stuffed toys also do yoga, specially head stands, wide angle pose(position?) and wheel pose (position?). I canít stop my laughter laughing when she appreciates praises her stuffed animals for working hard in at their poses (positions?) to hold for longer. I donít think she could be so much flexible if she hasdnít started yoga so early. Yoga has become a part of her life like her jumping and running all day long.
    Please do not edit your question after it has received a response. Such editing can make the response hard for others to understand.

gauri_agr is offline Member
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Student or Learner
      • Native Language:
      • Hindi
      • Home Country:
      • India
      • Current Location:
      • United States
    Post Thanks / Like

thanks charliedeut and 5jj for correcting this paragraph. I am learning a lot.

charliedeut is offline VIP Member
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Interested in Language
      • Native Language:
      • Spanish
      • Home Country:
      • Spain
      • Current Location:
      • Spain
    Post Thanks / Like

thanks charliedeut and 5jj for correcting this paragraph. I am learning a lot.
    So am I (you'll find that to be the usual when members like 5jj answer to yoour posts )

charliedeut
    Please be aware that I'm neither a native English speaker nor a teacher.