Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Vietnamese
Home Country
Vietnam
Current Location
Vietnam
Somebody is studying English for business, for study, for travel or to get to know people who don't speak his language, or for fun. what about you? why are you studying English?

In my personal opinion, learning to speak English well is the best way to improve my life. Everyday, I spend 3 hour for learning how to speak English. I'm in Marketing, so English is very important and necssesary to promote in my occupation. So I study English to access to knowledge about my favorite subjects, too.

Last edited:

easybreakable

Member Type
Academic
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Libya
Current Location
Libya
I study English because I'm in love with this language. Translation and writing poetry in English are my hobbies, I also find so much peace in reading in English... Somehow it gives me a space and widen my horizon of thinking more than my original language.

davidray2410

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Swedish
Home Country
Sweden
Current Location
Sweden
Somebody is studying English for business, for study, for travel or to get to know people who don't speak his language, or for fun. what about you? why are you studying English?

In my personal opinion, learning to speak English well is the best way to improve my life. Everyday, I spend 3 hour for learning how to speak English. I'm in Marketing, so English is very important and necssesary to promote in my occupation. So I study English to access to knowledge about my favorite subjects, too.
So , I study english for my job in my future :D and to get to know people who don't speak my language .... now , my english is not good , so i'll pratice more and more , i created a blog to write about a problem that i exprienced to exchange and learning [link removed -5jj]: liv3withpassion.blogspot.com :D. If you have free time , please help me by your comment:D Thanks u very much :D

You are welcome to discuss English here for all to see. Please don't use this forum to publicise your own blogs.

Last edited by a moderator:

Yanling

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Taiwan
Current Location
Taiwan
Of course greater proficiency in English means greater opportunity for more promising jobs, but I study English simply because I love this language! ;-)
Yet it's funny to say that what motived me to learn English in the very begining is that I was laughed at for misspelling "birthday" when I was in elementary school.
Once I devoted myself to learning English, I was fascianted by the magic of it. It gives me great pleasure when I am able to use this language to communicate with people from all around the world.
My job now is creating and editting tests and quizzes for junior high school students. It allows me to practice English at work, yet not very much, though, and that's why I'm here to search for more resources :lol:
I'm still working on making my English better, and hope that someday I can put it to real use when I get the chance to travel overseas.

birdeen's call

VIP Member
Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Polish
Home Country
Poland
Current Location
Poland
At this point in my life, I study English only because I love it.

New_Applicant

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Bengali; Bangla
Home Country
Bangladesh
Current Location
Canada
I want to learn English to improve my writing skills. I believe, writing is the most difficult part for me in the way I communicate with others. So from now on, I will try to improve my writing skills, and for that I have to write a lot. Since my vocabulary is not rich enough to use in my writing, I have to learn new words everyday. And also my grammar is not good enough to write a good essay. So I have to focus on this part. Specially, using correct preposition and punctuation. So for me, it's a long way to go from here. Thanks.

Last edited:

santimarti

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Spanish
Home Country
Spain
Current Location
Spain
I´m trying to learn because at my country there are not too many job opportunities at this moment and I´m planning to travel to other countries to look for a job, so I´m studying English to survive haha.:-D

Esredux

VIP Member
Member Type
Other
Native Language
Russian
Home Country
Russian Federation
Current Location
Russian Federation
In my case, it's not about studying as such - it's more of a habit now, like daily routine and yet surprisingly exciting :)

5jj

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
Czech Republic
Current Location
Czech Republic
In my case, it's not about studying as such - it's more of a habit now, like daily routine and yet surprisingly exciting :)
A bit like my logging in to this forum every day.

Esredux

VIP Member
Member Type
Other
Native Language
Russian
Home Country
Russian Federation
Current Location
Russian Federation
A bit like my logging in to this forum every day.

Very much so :) this place has a certain 'language learning' charm about it. Thanks to everyone in charge :up:

charliedeut

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Spanish
Home Country
Spain
Current Location
Spain
Very much so :) this place has a certain 'language learning' charm about it. Thanks to everyone in charge :up:

Add me to the list of "thankers" ;-) :cool:

Tdol

No Longer With Us (RIP)
Staff member
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
Japan

You forgot the rest using it. :-D

yasmein

Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Libya
Current Location
Libya
I studied the English language because, I think it's very important today.
But, I seem to need to learn more.:-(

charliedeut

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Spanish
Home Country
Spain
Current Location
Spain
I studied the English language because, I think it's very important today.
But, I seem to need to learn more.:-(

Don't you worry too much about that. It's common to most non-native speakers, as well as to some native ones as well. That's what we are all here for. :-D

So cheer up! :up:

Tdol

No Longer With Us (RIP)
Staff member
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
Japan
Don't you worry too much about that. It's common to most non-native speakers, as well as to some native ones as well. That's what we are all here for. :-D

So cheer up! :up:

I'm a native speaker, definitely getting long in the tooth, and am still learning- sometimes from my mother, who regularly sends me emails about new words and usage. Learning's not depressing. :-D

fergscalon

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Portuguese
Home Country
Brazil
Current Location
Brazil
Firstly I was studying English for improve my skills in aviation English, because I`m a pilot. Althoug in the same way that I learned more and more my love for this idiom grow up in the same scale. Now I wanna learn even more.

Esredux

VIP Member
Member Type
Other
Native Language
Russian
Home Country
Russian Federation
Current Location
Russian Federation
Firstly I was studying English for improve my skills in aviation English, because I`m a pilot. Althoug in the same way that I learned more and more my love for this idiom grow up in the same scale. Now I wanna learn even more.

Successful learning can be very motivating :up:

HanibalII

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
English
Home Country
Australia
Current Location
Australia
I'm studying to become a teacher, or more specific, a high school English literature teacher. I do it out of enjoyment. Plus I eventually plan to become an author. :up:

charliedeut

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Spanish
Home Country
Spain
Current Location
Spain
I'm studying to become a teacher, or more specific, a high school English literature teacher. I do it out of enjoyment. Plus I eventually plan to become an author. :up:

Hope you'll post some parts here (just for editing, if needed, y'know ;-))

HanibalII

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
English
Home Country
Australia
Current Location
Australia
Hope you'll post some parts here (just for editing, if needed, y'know ;-))

Oh I will.

Soon I'll be having a short story of mine published in an Australia publication called "Overland". Due to their terms and conditions I can't publish it elsewhere, but once it's in the magazine, I could probably post a copy on this forum for those interested to read.

Status
Not open for further replies.