Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Bengali; Bangla
Home Country
Bangladesh
Current Location
Canada
I was wondering what should I do to improve my writing skills. I was searching some good forums, and at last I found this beautiful forum to learn and practise my English. Since found the site, I have been exploring the methods of constructive writing to influence others by my writing. I explored, it's not easy to keep writing for a purpose for a long time. Eventually, I was stuck and started again from the beginning. But believe me, it's a very good practise. When I started in the morning, it was worse than I am writing now. However, my job of writing a good essay still far away from my expectation. Another important point I discovered, writing is not a task of making readable for others in one chance. So, please keep writing...

Yanling

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Taiwan
Current Location
Taiwan
Hello, New_Applicant :)

I can tell you're really eager to better your English. Just don't forget that you're now getting maximum exposure to English living in Canada! Keep working and I believe it should not take you too long to reap the fruit of all your hard work. :-D

santimarti

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Spanish
Home Country
Spain
Current Location
Spain
Hi

Good luck with your writings, I´m trying to practice with them also.

New_Applicant

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Bengali; Bangla
Home Country
Bangladesh
Current Location
Canada
Thank you Yanling and Santimarti for the prompt reply. But I respectfully disagree with Yanlings' first comment.
I think living in a English speaking country for couple of years has nothing to do with improving my writing skills
drastically. Specially, if I am not engaged in a lot of writing activities. Although living in a English speaking country
has made a positive impact in my communication skills, I don't think it will help further to improve my writing skills.
Like speaking, writing is not a daily activity that I am bound to practise in any culture. Sinece I am not writing regularly,
I discovered myself out of the frame even though I am living in a different society. So I believe, in conjunction with
improving my speaking ability, I have to find out a way to escape from others sympathy regarding my poor writing.

Last edited:

New_Applicant

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Bengali; Bangla
Home Country
Bangladesh
Current Location
Canada
I have to engage in good writing because my proliferation of poor writing tends to blur the
origin and ideas of my impression. Most of the time, my words are stung together without
an ideal meaning. But in some cases, I am able to produce an idea or approach an issue in
my writing. I have to cultivate vivid expression in my writing. If I train myself to see and
hear things keenly and responsively, as an artist or a musician does, I will be able to describe
them vividly yet without artificiality in my writing. My current trends of writing on a issue, some
might call this stealing, becomes clouded when someone else justify my thoughts. As a result,
I step into significant crepuscular region. So how can I manage my writing to avoid this
tumultuous period? The obvious answer is to keep writing and schedule my writing time in
advance.

Last edited:

New_Applicant

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Bengali; Bangla
Home Country
Bangladesh
Current Location
Canada
Morning of a hot day started with thinking about the topic of my writing. I found, It is surprisingly
complex for me to employ new wrods in my everyday writing. I was reading a book, and all the
new words that wiped out from my memory after a while, have never seen to be planted in my
writing again. Although I am eager to use new words in my writing, mysteriously the flame of my
memory never lightened to use those words from my reading. When I stare morosely at others
exemplary writing, I explore the importance of using new words rhythmically in my exhausted
writing. Since my mightily chewed new words are slipping out from my memory, I have to change
the motion of swallowing new words to fill my memory. But now a days I chocked with pride, the
sphere of droping new words from my thoughts becoming smaller. However, still far away to go,
I know there is a path, a path beaten hard by many successfull writers.

Status
Not open for further replies.