please check my IELTS essay and score accordingly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

aim4high

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Hindi
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
In some countries, marriages are arranged by the parents but in other cases, people choose their own marriage partner.
discuss both systems.

Marriages are made in heaven but performed on earth. It is the binding of two people together. No one can foretell whom they will marry. In some countries people choose their own spouse while in other their parents do.
In a love marriage, one gets to marry the person of their choice and the decision and responsibility of the relationship is entirely of the two people involved. In some cases parents do not agree with their children's choice and they may take extreme steps like leaving their parents house or even commit suicide. While in some cases it becomes difficult for such children to choose between their parents and their love.
Whereas in an arrange marriage the situation becomes entirely different. Here parents choose the partner for their children. It is commonly said that "parents know their children very well". So they believe that their decision will be best and their children should go with it. Here, the marrying couple may or may not know each other before marriage. However this system is also not so easy as it seems. Problem arises when children protest their parent's choice but they continue to pressurize their children to go with their decision. This gives rise to conflicts.
Nowadays in some cases, parents choose the spouse for their children but leave it them to decide whether they want to marry the person or not. In this case, people know each other and nobody objects.
In any case, parents should always trust their children's choice and respect their decision after-all its their life. But on the other hand, children must not forget that their parents are more experienced and understand their reason of objection.
Some older people often believe that love marriages have higher failure rate than arranged marriage.
Lastly all i can say is that unlike what others believe, one should always take the decision based upon what works best for them. People have changed tremendously over time and so has their thinking. Successes and failure of a relationship only depends on the two persons involved.

bhaisahab

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
England
Current Location
Ireland
In some countries, marriages are arranged by the parents but in other cases, people choose their own marriage partner.
discuss both systems.

Marriages are made in heaven but performed on earth. It is the binding of two people together. No one can foretell whom they will marry. In some countries people choose their own spouse while in other their parents do.
In a love marriage, one gets to marry the person of their choice and the decision and responsibility of the relationship is entirely of the two people involved. In some cases parents do not agree with their children's choice and they may take extreme steps like leaving their parents house or even commit suicide. While in some cases it becomes difficult for such children to choose between their parents and their love.
Whereas in an arrange marriage the situation becomes entirely different. Here parents choose the partner for their children. It is commonly said that "parents know their children very well". So they believe that their decision will be best and their children should go with it. Here, the marrying couple may or may not know each other before marriage. However this system is also not so easy as it seems. Problem arises when children protest their parent's choice but they continue to pressurize their children to go with their decision. This gives rise to conflicts.
Nowadays in some cases, parents choose the spouse for their children but leave it them to decide whether they want to marry the person or not. In this case, people know each other and nobody objects.
In any case, parents should always trust their children's choice and respect their decision after-all its their life. But on the other hand, children must not forget that their parents are more experienced and understand their reason of objection.
Some older people often believe that love marriages have higher failure rate than arranged marriage.
Lastly all I can say is that unlike what others believe, one should always take the decision based upon what works best for them. People have changed tremendously over time and so has their thinking. Successes and failure of a relationship only depends on the two persons involved.

Welcome to the forums, aim4high. Have you submitted this yet? If not, please do so and let us know how you got on. It's not perfect, but there are no serious faults in my opinion.

aim4high

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Hindi
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
Hi I am new here. Yes I have submitted it in ask the teacher section. Is that where I should submit it?

bhaisahab

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
England
Current Location
Ireland
Hi I am new here. Yes I have submitted it in ask the teacher section. Is that where I should submit it?

No, I mean have you submitted it to your tutor.

Last edited:

aim4high

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Hindi
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
I dont have a tutor. I am preparing on my own.

aim4high

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Hindi
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
How does this forum work?? Who is going to check my work?

aim4high

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Hindi
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
somebody please check and evaluate my work....

bhaisahab

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
England
Current Location
Ireland
Status
Not open for further replies.