Student or Learner
Native Language
Spanish
Home Country
Switzerland
Current Location
Switzerland
Hi people,

Can you please check the following email from me?

Thank you in advance.

Dear Mr O

A few months back I had the pleasure to meet you and Mr R, as I was being interwied for the S role. It made me realize the type of people and organization that I want to work for.
I have seen online that A has other vacancies for which my profile unfortunately doesn’t match. Should you have any other position matching my profile, I would welcome the opportunity to become part of the organization.

Enclosed, there's an updated copy of my CV, which can be replaced by the one you already have from me.

Thank you for your consideration.

Sincerely
X Y

xperience

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Spanish
Home Country
Switzerland
Current Location
Switzerland

Thank you Gillnetter for your reply.
I have a couple of observations.

Dear Mr. O,
Sincerely,

The coma is not mandatory. You can add the coma, if you do, you must be consistent at the beginning and at the end, as you did. But if you don't then is OK, as long as you are consistent. The . after Mr. is not mandatory also.

CV resume
I don't know why CV is not acceptable.

xperience

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Spanish
Home Country
Switzerland
Current Location
Switzerland
This was edited with the US style in mind. I understand that in BrE this rule is changing, but not so in the US. The same is true for the period after Mr. There is a debate about using the comma after a name. The overriding sense is that it should be used in formal writing. To my eyes, the writing is somewhat naked without these marks. CV may be the term used in some parts of the world, but in the US, the most common word is resume. If I, as a person who has to read such writings, encountered an e-mail without the period and the comma, I would assume that the person lacked training in the methods of formal writing. In summary then, this, as is the case in most writings, depends on who you are writing for.

+1000 points!!
I totally agree. I studied English in the USA, then at school BrE, and now that I'm in a German speaking country, with all sorts of nationalities, I have starting not to be truthfull to any style. I feel the same way as you, about the comma and the . I feel the text is naked without these marks. But you know in german they have other rules as well...so I'm getting all mixed up, hehehehehe.

In the end, I end up sending the email, the way you told me, which is the way I'm more familiar with :)

10000 thanks you for your explanation.

Status
Not open for further replies.