Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Ever since I have been writing I have written free style. I'm now doubting it's the right style for me. I have a personal problem with the word (perfect). I just want to be understood without doubt. But now I am wondering about diagramming or orderly style (123-abc) etc. To me the subject should be the whole point of the writing. As a train has a engine cargo cars and a caboose also should writing. I have been writing free style so long have I really been understood (without doubt)? Since we are flawed as humans and our language how do we make ourself understood (without doubt)? Can (order 123-abc) writing help me to be better understood? pljames

The text above my writing is confusing to me. How can I use it to standard reading pargraphs?

Barb_D

Staff member
Member Type
Other
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Do you face similar challenges when you write in your native language?

5jj

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
Czech Republic
Current Location
Czech Republic
Ever since I have been writing I have written free style. I'm now doubting it's the right style for me. I have a personal problem with the word (perfect). I just want to be understood without doubt. But now I am wondering about diagramming or orderly style (123-abc) etc. To me the subject should be the whole point of the writing. As a train has a engine cargo cars and a caboose also should writing. I have been writing free style so long have I really been understood (without doubt)? Since we are flawed as humans and our language how do we make ourself understood (without doubt)? Can (order 123-abc) writing help me to be better understood? pljames

The text above my writing is confusing to me. How can I use it to standard reading pargraphs?

pljames, you state that your native language is English. If it is, I am not quite sure what your problems are. I have no wish to appear unkind but, frankly, I haven't the faintest idea what you are talking about in the post that I have quoted above.

What do you mean by, "I have written free style?"
What do you mean by, "I have a personal problem with the word (perfect)"?
I don't really understand why language should have a caboose. Can you explain?
To which 'text above my writing' are you referring?

Last edited:

pljames

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
English pl

pljames

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Whatever comes to mind. There is no order. pl

pljames

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Writing freestyle means whatever comes to mind. There is no order to the pargraphs. By order I mean 123/abc
across or down. Perferable down. I try to make the subject the whole point in one word. Then define the point
words in each sentence. But I have a problem with the (word/perfect) not the computer program. I want to be understood
without doubt. English has flaws like this writer. Is it possible to clear my style up so as to be understood
without doubt in some writing order? pljames

5jj

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
Czech Republic
Current Location
Czech Republic
Writing freestyle means whatever comes to mind. There is no order to the pargraphs. By order I mean 123/abc across or down. Perferable down. I try to make the subject the whole point in one word. Then define the point
words in each sentence. But I have a problem with the (word/perfect) not the computer program. I want to be understood
without doubt. English has flaws like this writer. Is it possible to clear my style up so as to be understood
without doubt in some writing order? pljames
It's going to be difficult to help you because I don't understand what you are saying.

Are you suggesting that paragraphs can be written across or down? Across what?
What do you mean by 'subject' in the second line? Is it the grammatical subject of the verb or the topic of your essay?
What do you mean by the brackets and slash in I have a problem with the (word/perfect)?

I notice that you have not answered three of the questions I asked earlier. Unless you can clear up some of these points, there is not much we can do.

pljames

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
I am sorry we cannot communicate. Obvousely this forum is not for me. Please unsubsubscribe me. pljamesone@att.net

pljames

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Free style means there is no order to my writing.
Perfection in writing.
The caboose stands for some sort of order like (abc/123.plj

pljames, you state that your native language is English. If it is, I am not quite sure what your problems are. I have no wish to appear unkind but, frankly, I haven't the faintest idea what you are talking about in the post that I have quoted aboveWhat do you mean by, "I have written free style?"
What do you mean by, "I have a personal problem with the word (perfect)"?
I don't really understand why language should have a caboose. Can you explain?
To which 'text above my writing' are you referring?

Tdol

No Longer With Us (RIP)
Staff member
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
Japan
If there is no order, then it will be difficult to attain perfection because this will present challenges to many readers.

pljames

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
:?: When I write the subject is the jest of the whole piece. I use italics to make a point. To me that's my style of writing. But I write whatever comes to mind. The mind can be quite disorderly. Maybe I should use a numbered list or bullet list to be better understood? pljames

Barb_D

Staff member
Member Type
Other
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
It comes down to WHY you are writing.
If it is to please yourself, then write however it pleases you.

However, if your focus is on your reader, then you will need to help you reader out.

If you are writing to entertain and amuse, you have more freedom. If you are writing to persuade or explain, you need structure.

Status
Not open for further replies.