Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Malaysia
Current Location
Malaysia
I wrote a message for my school magazine. Kindly point out errors if there are any. Thanks in advance.

First and foremost, I would like to convey my heartfelt thanks and appreciation to the Magazine board for the publication of the Josephian 2012.

Year 2012 ushered in good examination results for SMK St. Joseph. The bright achievements bear testament to the commitment and hard work put in by all teachers and students over the years. Congratulations to all of you for upholding the school’s culture of excellence. To score greater heights of academic success, we should continue working hard as a team in the spirit of ‘Love and Serve’.

Our students have also made the school proud with their heartening achievements in co-curricular activities: The Marching Band was first runner up in the SOX National Drum and Percussion Championship. Dolly Paya came in second in the district level inter-school Malay Speech competition. The Red Crescent Society bagged multiple awards in district level competitions. The Leo Club received several major recognitions in the society. Our solar car won third in the state level science and technology carnival at SMK Sungai Merah. All these prove that SMK St. Joseph has been committed to nurturing students as quality human capital for nation building.

Taking this opportunity, I would like to thank all parents for giving the school unceasing support. You have been playing a pivotal role in making every single school program possible with your keen participation and generous funding. Our partnership enables every student enjoy quality education. We are a close-bonded family under the roof of SMK St. Joseph.

Like all mainstream schools in Malaysia, SMK St. Joseph has implemented School Based Assessment (PBS) in full force. It is a holistic assessment which focuses more on students’ development and growth in learning rather than merely on their achievements in the form of scores or grades. To accomplish this new system of evaluation, we, the teaching staff of SMK St. Joseph, will upgrade our teaching skills from time to time in order to meet the needs of our heterogeneous learners.

To keep up with the current trends of globalization, we should learn to reframe and restructure our minds. We can widen our mental horizon by having a strong urge to acquire new knowledge. Never be complacent as it impedes self-improvement. In the pursuit of excellence, it is also important to submit our whole-selves to God in prayers. A strong faith in Him keeps us level headed and successful in our lives.

Let’s have great days ahead and may God bless us all.

Last edited:

yeecharles

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Malaysia
Current Location
Malaysia
Thanks a lot for editing my work.

Status