• Home Country:
      • Pakistan
      • Current Location:
      • Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Default kindly check my statement of purpose

Letter of Motivation
    Dear Sir:

I am writing to express my transcendent interest in applying for PhD research scholarship at xxx.

People say that day dreaming is the wastage of time and students are often discouraged from dreaming but I personally believe that dreaming is at the very heart of innovation and invention. Being a female student I have always chosen challenging courses (Pre-engineering and Chemical engineering), and have an excellent academic record. My academic achievement is demonstrated by the numerous scholarships I received both at the high school and university level as I got the chance of getting admission in the Pakistan’s state of the art Engineering University; xxx. My parents used to say that we will not only encourage you to follow your dreams but also equip you with the knowledge and skills to make them a reality; this thing developed strong communication & leadership skills as I was the class representative of my batch and knew how to interact with a wide variety of other people.

I have been employed as a lecturer of chemical & polymer engineering at xxx in April 20xx. During these two and half years I supervised three plant design projects that helped me in strengthening of my knowledge of Heat and mass transfer along with thermodynamics. I have a practical exposure towards distillation column operation cooling towers and boilers during my internship in the well known fertilizer industry in Pakistan that helped me in understanding these operations theoretically in my academics.

Last year I took the initiative to orient and plan some of the research based term projects of material
    engineering by the name of “material selection through ASHBY Charts “and outcome was the magnificent practical modals with state of the art presentations through which what I extracted is that the motivation is the only driving force behind every success. Though, I enjoy the achievement after every victory over challenges in life. Naturally, my characteristic of pursuing challenges came into being and it profited me a lot in study and research.

As far as material testing is concerned I worked extensively on Fourier Transform Infrared Spectroscopy (FTIR) Brabender Plastic Coder, Universal Testing Machine (UTM), Differential Scanning Calorimeter (DSC), Melt Flow Index (MFI) Rheometer, Lab scale Extruder, Injection Moulding machine Blow moulding machine that broaden my perspective about the properties, behavior and relationships of different polymeric materials.

I consider myself to be a good candidate for PhD research scholarship at xxx.I am vibrant, energetic, assiduous, visionary and motivated person who believes that I can do something for benefit of my country to which I have been serving. I did my best with all maximum efforts I could give to my institution. But I want to be dynamic in the field of research to make the students explore the world of engineering in a better way.

I hope that you will find my knowledge and experience a great potential. Thank you for your
    Consideration and I look forward to hearing from you.

Sincerely,
    xxx
    Last edited by lcuetian; 10-Aug-2012 at 05:58.