Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Korean
Home Country
South Korea
Current Location
China
Please see the following update / updated figure in red.

charliedeut

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Spanish
Home Country
Spain
Current Location
Spain
Hi Zoe,

I'd say 'updated as the sentence stands. The past participle functions as an adjective here.

Another possibility (grammantically, but not necessarily in terms of the same exact meaning) would be 'Please see the following update [noun] in red'.

charliedeut

david11

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Tamil
Home Country
India
Current Location
India

Another possibility (grammantically, but not necessarily in terms of the same exact meaning) would be 'Please see the following update [noun] in red'.

charliedeut

In this example, I think there is no difference between those two. Am I correct?

charliedeut

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Spanish
Home Country
Spain
Current Location
Spain
In this example, I think there is no difference between those two.

Hi,

IMO, no. The use of my alternative would largely depend on whether the context allows for it, that is, if 'figure' can be left out because it has been mentioned before and is, therefore, unnecessary to repeat it time and again.

david11

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Tamil
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
Hi,

IMO, no. The use of my alternative would largely depend on whether the context allows for it, that is, if 'figure' can be left out because it has been mentioned before and is, therefore, unnecessary to repeat it time and again.

It maybe redundant but it doesn't seem to make any difference to the original sentence.

Status
Not open for further replies.