Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Egypt
Current Location
Egypt
but I detect a touch of rudeness or disregard for suggestions/corrections offered.

Sorry.
a touch of rudeness or disregard for suggestions/corrections offered by me??

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Sorry.
a touch of rudeness or disregard for suggestions/corrections offered by me??

No, he detected a hint of disregard on your part for those suggestions and corrections offered by other people on the site. He was not alone. I was rather taken aback by both of the posts that have been quoted and, after the "Thank you for your wonder" post, I decided to take no more part in the thread as I felt your comment was rather rude/sarcastic.

Last edited:

Chicken Sandwich

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Russian
Home Country
Russian Federation
Current Location
Netherlands
I couldn't agree more with billmcd and emsr2d2.

Sash2008, if you were not comfortable telling us which university you attendend, then you could have simply said, 'I don't feel comfortable telling you which university I attended'. Fair enough, we respect your privacy. But both of your responses felt rather rude to me as well.
I am still curious if what you said in post #1 was a factual statement, but if you don't want to disclose that information, then let's just leave it at that.

sash2008

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Egypt
Current Location
Egypt
No, he detected a hint of disregard on your part for those suggestions and corrections offered by other people on the site. He was not alone. I was rather taken aback by both of the posts that have been quoted and, after the "Thank you for your wonder" post, I decided to take no more part in the thread as I felt it was rather rude/sarcastic.

I am really sorry If you felt that.

hint of disregard on your part for those suggestions and corrections offered by other people on the site.
On the contrary, I really appreciate any and each of your suggestions and corrections. Why don't you ascribe what happens to, maybe, my lack of understanding or my surprise of an answer that is very different from what I've learned wrongly. In fact, I am the one who felt a tone of sarcasm in your post Mr/Miss emsr2d2.

Anyway, I am sorry for you and for teacher billmcd

sash2008

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Egypt
Current Location
Egypt
I couldn't agree more with billmcd and emsr2d2.

Sash2008, if you were not comfortable telling us which university you attendend, then you could have simply said, 'I don't feel comfortable telling you which university I attended'. Fair enough, we respect your privacy.

Thank you.
That is what I want to say.
Bear in mind that sometimes I find it difficult to express in English what I mean or clarify my intention.

5jj

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
Czech Republic
Current Location
Czech Republic
The original question having been dealt with, I think it's time to close this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.