the heart has its reasons which reason knows nothing of?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bosunyum

1. the heart has its reasons which reason knows nothing of

a. what exactly does this sentence mean?
b.Here, can i understand which as relative pronoun? If so, does which reason knows nothings of modify the preceding noun reasons?

.2...you fall in love with him/her and you project your unicuqe love man onto this person.-what does the underlined part mean?

3. her voice, the way he smilies, his patience, her spontaneity work together.. what does it mean by her spontaneity? does it mean her natural behaviour or what?

4. men are attracted to those with good complexions and vibrant hair.-what does it mean by good complexions. does it mean clear skin? Also, what kinds of hair is vibrant hair?

5.We do not marry for ourselves, whatever we say; we marry just as much or more for our posterity.-can you rephrase this part for me?

6. once an individual becomes receptive, though, he or she is in danger of falling in love with the next acceptable person who comes along.

as far as i know , though indicates contrast. but here in this sentence, if i understand though as contrast as the preceding sentence, the meaning sound strange. how can i understand the function of though here ?

Again , I am looking forward to seeing your answer and i hope alll you guys enjoy new year.

Szymon

Member Type
Student or Learner
the heart has its reasons which reason knows nothing of?

A very nice statement, I really like it, hope I understand it the way it should be understood :)

Here you have two meanings of the word "reason":
in the first part of the sentence (before "which") "reason" means a cause, intention,
in the second part "reason" means rationality, common sense, logical thinking,
and now an example:
you see the most beautiful girl/boy (depends on who you prefer :)) and you don`t know this person but you fall in love (at first sight), you heart says - I love her/him - your heart has its own reasons to make you fall in love, it doesn`t even care whether this person would be good to/for you, you`re in love and there is no way out :)
But after a while you may think... THINK (you use your brain, mind, reasoning), hey, it`s stupid, I don`t know this person and I`ve fallen in love with her/him - it`s stupid-you mind tells you so.
So here is the point: your heart has its own reasons-intentions (to fall in love for example) but you mind/logical thinking=reason doesn`t understand them, doesn`t know anything about the reasons of your heart, you reason doesn`t know why you`ve fallen in love.
I hope it`s ok

bosunyum

I really appreciate your explanation. it was a great help! Anyway, could be give an account of the rest of the questions?

Status
Not open for further replies.