• Native Language:
      • Arabic
      • Home Country:
      • Morocco
      • Current Location:
      • Morocco
    Post Thanks / Like

need some help on speaking

Hi, i just registered in this amazing forum and i really think that i will find it very useful.
    i am a moroccan student in an engineering school and i am likely going to get an internship in england next year and because i never had the opportunity to talk to a native english speaking person (kind of bizarre but that's true) i wish some of you would add me on skype maybe so that they can help me improve my english speaking ability.
    thank you. my skype id is : clarck.kent5 .

emsr2d2 is offline Moderator
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • English Teacher
      • Native Language:
      • British English
      • Home Country:
      • UK
      • Current Location:
      • UK
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: need some help on speaking

Quote Originally Posted by skipp View Post
    Hi, i just registered in this amazing forum and I really think that I will find it very useful.
    I am a Moroccan student in an engineering school and I am likely going to get an internship in England next year and because I never had the opportunity to talk to a native English speaking person speaker (kind of bizarre but that's true), I wish some of you would add me on Skype maybe so that they you can help me improve my English speaking ability.
    Thank you. My skype id is : clarck.kent5 .
    Hello skipp, and welcome to the forum.

I can't speak for the other volunteers here but I'm afraid I do not have the time to conduct online live chats with people. In addition, that is the sort of service that most of the teachers charge for as it is a professional service. It's possible you might find a website where it's possible but I don't know of one.

Where are you in Morocco? If you are in a fairly big town/city, I imagine there are some native English speakers living/studying there too. Have you tried advertising in the local university or local paper to say that you would like to meet up with native English speakers for conversation practice? Maybe they would like to practise their Arabic so it would be a good swap. Have you been to your local library to see if there are any social meetups for language practice?

As a side note, if you are possibly going to get an internship in England next year, I recommend you concentrate on your use of capitalisation in your written English. You must start every new sentence with a capital letter, start every proper noun with a capital letter and always capitalise the word "I" (first person singular).
    Remember - correct capitalisation, punctuation and spacing make posts much easier to read.