Retired Academic
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Taiwan
Current Location
Taiwan
Teachers
Could you please to tell me if any grammatical problem in the follow sentence?

You do something right with reason, but you do anything wrong without passion.

Also, any comment on this idea is appreciated

Thanks

charliedeut

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Spanish
Home Country
Spain
Current Location
Spain
Teachers
Could you please [STRIKE]to [/STRIKE]tell me if there is any grammatical problem in the following sentence?

I'm still thinking about the reason/passion sentence.

charliedeut

notatall123

Member Type
Retired Academic
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Taiwan
Current Location
Taiwan
I'm still thinking about the reason/passion sentence.

charliedeut
Let alone question of true or false, if I want to convey the message that passion is more powerful than reason to help you complete difficult tasks, how could I rewrite the sentence to meet this criteria.

There is nothing wrong with reason, but I buy a movie's quote "if your heart is empty, your brain doesn't matter". You know there are many things do not go logically as we think. Without passion or faith, we stop when we encounter anything in disorder

Raymott

VIP Member
Member Type
Academic
Native Language
English
Home Country
Australia
Current Location
Australia
Let alone question of true or false, if I want to convey the message that passion is more powerful than reason to help you complete difficult tasks, how could I rewrite the sentence to meet this criteria.

There is nothing wrong with reason, but I buy a movie's quote "if your heart is empty, your brain doesn't matter". You know there are many things do not go logically as we think. Without passion or faith, we stop when we encounter anything in disorder
"You do something right with reason, but you do anything wrong without passion."
No, the use of "anything" and the structure is wrong.
Here is one of the many ways you could write what I think you mean:
"Reason is necessary to do something right, but without passion anything you do will be wrong."

notatall123

Member Type
Retired Academic
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Taiwan
Current Location
Taiwan
"You do something right with reason, but you do anything wrong without passion."
No, the use of "anything" and the structure is wrong.
Here is one of the many ways you could write what I think you mean:
"Reason is necessary to do something right, but without passion anything you do will be wrong."

Thank you Raymott
[FONT=新細明體][/FONT]Your sentence I think conveys the closestmeaning to that of what I was trying to say with the original.
[FONT=新細明體][/FONT]

Status
Not open for further replies.