A plea for a critique on my short answer essay for the CommonApp.

Instructions: Please briefly elaborate on one of your extracurricular activities.

I don't have to play the guitar like an expert to fully enjoy it. It's not to say that I have conformed to my present skills, but the guitar is something I go to for leisure, and technical advancement is not the top priority. My top priority is expression and discovery. The best way for me to relieve stress, celebrate, generate joy, or explore any other human emotion is through the sound of a classical guitar. It's a great feeling to be able to have control over my emotions by means of music -- a way to just clear the mind. Through this expression comes discovery. As a self taught player I don't know much musical theory. I have to discover on my own what notes and chords sound well together. Playing around the fretboard listening for the right notes that feel just right. After finding the right pieces I have to put them all together, known as the creation process. The best part is that the creation process itself generates new sounds and feelings. It becomes an infinite loop that makes me pick up a guitar everyday.

Thanks in advanced.