Hi there! Stuck on my lesson plan for my TEFL course. Only have one attempt left and failing to see where I am going wrong. If someone could point me in the right direction I'd really appreciate it. I will post the feedback I received, and I will post a draft of what I assume to be the correction.
Any advice is much appreciated. Thank you!
Sophie

Comments on my first attempt: Oh sorry but this is still not right. The presentation stage should only be new Target Language: hobbies. Not like, don't, adverbs etc. Thanks. They are all assumed knowledge and so will be revised before the presentation stage, then incorporated into practice in the practice activities. Please give this another go, thanks.

Aim:Now write a lesson plan for a 45-minute-long lesson with one of the objectives below. (Min 200 words)
Make sure each stage of your plan includes a description of the activity, the type of interaction, and the timing.
Objective: to learn and practise the vocabulary of hobbies and to revise adverbs of frequency.

My last attempt:

Objectives:
* To learn and discuss the topic/vocabulary of leisure and hobbies
* Revise the use of present simple tense
* Revise adverbs of frequency
* Practise pronunciation sounds

Target Language:
Hobbies - *Swimming *Painting *Running *Football *Pottery *Singing *Dancing *Baking *Musical Instruments (guitar/piano/trumpet)

Structure:
Like/don't like + (verb)-ing (I like playing the guitar/I don't like singing)
Like/don't like + to (+infinitive) (I like to sing/I don't like to make pottery)
Plus Adverbs of frequency to indicate routine/repeated activity (often, usually, sometimes, never, rarely)
'I like +infinitive verb +adverb of frequency'
'I don't like +infinitive verb +adverb of frequency'

Assumed Knowledge:
Students have previously been taught the present simple tense and will have learned how to understand and form questions and negative sentences with 'like/do not like'.
They have been taught verbs of frequency

Stage 1: Warm Up:
Hangman. Whole class activity. (T-S) (5 minutes)
The class will guess adverbs of frequency which have previously been taught e.g. often, sometimes, occasionally.
Ask students to guess letters and the word.
The student who guesses the correct word should put it in context with a sentence - 'I always have breakfast' 'I sometimes help my mother'
Adverbs of frequency should be written up on the board in a list for reference.

Stage 2: Lead-In: (3 minutes) (S-T) Mime/drawing.
Whole class activity. Talk about my weekend, tell an exciting story which happened to me - e.g. I went climbing and exploring, and saw some beautiful scenery, I really love walking. Ask for students to give me stories of their weekends, any activities they took part in and how often they do this, e.g. if someone tells me they went shopping, I can ask how often they go shopping.

Stage 3: Presentation (3 minutes) (T-S)
Here I will introduce the new vocabulary/target language. I would refer back to my weekend story and examples of the students and try to elicit the word 'activity' and 'hobby/hobbies' - or give it to the students if it is unknown.
I would use their examples and my own, along with mime to introduce the new vocabulary of hobbies. These can be written on the board.
This would lead me into a 'I like to...' sentence where students can understand the concept. Use flashcards and mime, e.g. mimic swimming, running to elicit phrases, and use individual student's examples to produce sentences 'Sam likes to go swimming', 'Sophie likes painting.'
Chorally repeat and drill, individually and as a group.
Concept Check:
I can check understanding with concept questions such as -
'What do you like to do in your spare time?' 'What is a hobby?' 'What could somebody do as a hobby?' 'Do people enjoy their hobbies?' 'Why do people have hobbies?'

Write up target language on board - 'I like +infinitive + verb + adverb of frequency' or 'I like to (go) +ing + adverb of frequency'
Draw up quick substitution table with 'I/we like' but 'he/she likes'
A timeline can be drawn on the board to show the hobby with an X at the present, and arrows progressing into the future (and occuring in the past).
Review any doubts/answer questions

Stage 6: Controlled Practise (5 mins) (T-S-S)
Group task. Go around the group as a horseshoe shape and ask individuals to choose their favourite hobby and create a sentence about their hobby. Elicit the structure 'I like +infinitive verb +adverb of frequency' using the list of adverbs of frequency on the board.
Use mime to give meaning to the phrases.
Practise with each individual and with each statement, drill as a whole class.
Correct misunderstandings as a group

Stage 7: Controlled Practise (5 mins) (PW)
In horseshoe shape still, ask students to turn to their partner and talk about likes and dislikes of hobbies and frequency using the structure on the board for 2 minutes.
In the horseshoe shape, each student talks about their partner in positive and negative form, for example ‘Sophie likes painting but she doesn’t like cooking'.
Drill students individually.
Focus on pronunciation -e.g. spoken 'don't' instead of 'do not'.

Stage 8: Production (10 mins) (S-S)
Questionnaire activity. Students spend 2 minutes forming questions which they will interview other with. Must contain the 'I like +infinitive verb +adverb of frequency' structure.
e.g 'How often do you play football?' 'Do you like to swim very often?' Students spend 7-8 minutes milling and asking each other questions questions. Answers should be recorded along with names.

Stage 9: Plenary (2 mins) (S-T)
Group. Students sit back in horseshoe shape and report back. E.g 'Sophie likes to swim occasionally but she doesn't play football very often.'
Drill difficult phrases and practise chorally.

Stage 10: Homework (2 mins) (T-S) Ask students to interview 5-10 people, friends and family and find out their hobbies and how often they perform hobbies. Write up in bullet points to share next lesson.
Comment: Oh sorry but this is still not right. The presentation stage should only be new TL: hobbies. Not like, don't, adverbs etc. Thanks. They are all assumed knowledge and so will be revised before the presentation stage, then incorporated into practice in the practice activities. Please give this another go, thanks.