Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Vietnamese
Home Country
Canada
Current Location
Canada
The time is almost here for all the students to go back to school. I'm trying to sell some of my textbooks and I was wondering if this is considered "good" advertisement to put on facebook.
--------Advertisement begin-----------

Tired of Professors telling students that the course manual is "different/updated" from the last year manual; which really isn't?
Tired of Used books/manuals containing highlights and hand written hieroglyphics ...
Tired of not finding sample tests / notes or even tired of begging some arrogant upper classmates for test/notes...
Tired of all the Toronto Sports teams losing....
Tired of all the games and lies ... I hate you Kristen Stewart! -cough-

Just Laid back and Relax, I'm selling textbooks/manuals/notes/etc for cheap.

-insert list of books-
----------end advertisement--------

what do you guy think? (If there is any grammatical mistake, please indicated for me)

Thanks for the input!

BobK

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
The best advertisement would be one that spelt 'effective' correctly.

Do you honestly expect people here to connive in your scam? :-|

b

Kakashiprince

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Vietnamese
Home Country
Canada
Current Location
Canada
The best advertisement would be one that spelt 'effective' correctly.

Do you honestly expect people here to connive in your scam? :-|

b

Wow, I thought moderators like yourself would help someone with English problems and not being condescending. I'm not sure if you have an affective behavioral trait, but I hope you're proud of yourself. I may not be good in English, but I am trying; that is why I am here.

Also, why are you assuming my advertisement is a scam? You do realize that most students are selling their old textbooks; in order to buy new textbooks for the upcoming fall/winter courses? What makes you think it's a scam? I'm trying to make a hook to attract people in my university.

All I wanted is to make my post unique in contrast to other students who are also posting up their "textbook sales" in facebook groups. Is it wrong to ask for assistance?

"With great power. comes great responsibility" With the English knowledge you gain over the years why not help a person who lack English fundamentals instead of belittling the person.

Thanks for reading my message.
- KP

Last edited:

BobK

Staff member
Member Type
Retired English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
My post wasn't 'condescending'. It was angry. I - quite reasonably, I thought - assumed you were trying to advertise your own work - your first three questions suggested it was different from other text-books. I now realize that the books you are advertising may not even be EFL/ESOL books. (I applaud your correct use of 'affective' in post #3.)

b

Tdol

No Longer With Us (RIP)
Staff member
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
Japan
I think this is a genuine accident- we get floods of advertising pouring in on a daily basis, which accounts for the reaction. We see ESL adverts written by people who can't speak English. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Status
Not open for further replies.