Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
Bahrain
As the title suggests, I am desperately seeking a CELTA course in Cebu, Philippines to take in January of next year.. I can't seem to find any, although there are plenty of TEFOL courses available..

Can someone suggest a location, or convince me that TEFOL would be just as good?

I am planning to go teach in Japan and China by summer of next year.

Tdol

No Longer With Us (RIP)
Staff member
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
Japan
Can someone suggest a location, or convince me that TEFOL would be just as good?

For better or worse,the CELTA is by far and away the most recognised course worldwide. If you can do it, I would say do it.

5jj

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
Czech Republic
Current Location
Czech Republic
For better or worse, the CELTA is by far and away the most recognised course worldwide. If you can do it, I would say do it.
As a Trinity fan, I'll do my usual plug. The Trinity Cert TESOL, like the CELTA, is accredited by the Office of Qualifications and Examinations Regulation (Ofqual) at Level 5 on the National Qualifications Framework for England.

Honesty forces me to admit that the CELTA is more often mentioned by name in job advertisements than the Trinity Cert. I know from personal experience that some other courses are as good as CELTA and Trinity, but there are many employers who will accept only CELTA and (usually) Trinity.

Status
Not open for further replies.