• Chinese
      • Home Country:
      • China
      • Current Location:
      • China

• Post Thanks / Like

Red face It is right or not?

Hi, teachers:
    Here is a expression I found on the somewhat website, but for my English grammar knowledge, I am not sure if it is right or not from the grammar point of view. So please give me some advice, please.
    The sentence is given as follows;

Of these facilities, JGC will be responsible for EPC and commissioning work for the gas purification unit, incinerator and sulfur recovery unit, ASU,waste water treating unit, and other associated equipment.

I just want to know, what the expression highlighted in red mean, if the words are used as a adverbial clause, if so is there an alternative for it?

thanks a lot!

PS, In my English dictionary, I can often some explications beginning with of, e.g. for the word, grammatical the explication begins with of or relation to grammar. So, what is the usage there for of? if it means relating to, concerning or something else?

• Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Academic
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • Australia
      • Current Location:
      • Australia

• Post Thanks / Like

Re: It is right or not?

Quote Originally Posted by waterborne View Post
    Hi, teachers:
    Here is a expression I found on the somewhat website, but for my English grammar knowledge, I am not sure if it is right or not from the grammar point of view. So please give me some advice, please.
    The sentence is given as follows;

Of these facilities, JGC will be responsible for EPC and commissioning work for the gas purification unit, incinerator and sulfur recovery unit, ASU,waste water treating unit, and other associated equipment.

I just want to know, what the expression highlighted in red mean, if the words are used as a adverbial clause, if so is there an alternative for it?

thanks a lot!

PS, In my English dictionary, I can often some explications beginning with of, e.g. for the word, grammatical the explication begins with of or relation to grammar. So, what is the usage there for of? if it means relating to, concerning or something else?

JGC will be responsible for four of these facilities. = Of these facilities (Of the facilities just mentioned), JGC will be responsible for four - EPC and commissioning, etc.

• Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Retired English Teacher
      • Native Language:
      • English
      • Home Country:
      • England
      • Current Location:
      • England

• Post Thanks / Like

Re: It is right or not?

Tip for a better thread title: Of these facilities, as this is what your question is about.

Rover