Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 35
  1. #21
    RonBee's Avatar
    RonBee is offline Moderator
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Other
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    16,571
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    If your textbooks are full of political propaganda then I agree with you. They are full of bullshit. However, I agree with Tdol that it would not be a good idea to make such comments during the exam.

    • "Energy and persistence conquer all things." ---Benjamin Franklin


    :)

  2. #22
    eric2004 Guest

    Default

    Ok, I get what you all mean now.
    I will follow in a good manner in oral test.
    But, only try my best. If I can't have enough time to think about it, I have to say my heart without being concious about morality.
    I hope I won't meet a gentleman of British.
    Your God bless me once time.

  3. #23
    RonBee's Avatar
    RonBee is offline Moderator
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Other
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    16,571
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I would hope that every Brit you meet is a gentleman, unless, of course, it's a woman.

    :D

  4. #24
    eric2004 Guest

    Default

    Hmm, I prefer to meet a woman, because I feel she can speak more clearly and beautifully compared to a gentleman, who always speaks something very soon and vague.

  5. #25
    RonBee's Avatar
    RonBee is offline Moderator
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Other
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    16,571
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by eric2004
    Hmm, I prefer to meet a woman, because I feel she can speak more clearly and beautifully compared to a gentleman, who always speaks something very soon and vague.
    I prefer women for other reasons. :wink:

    What do you mean by "very soon"? Very fast? :?

    :)

  6. #26
    eric2004 Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RonBee
    I prefer women for other reasons. :wink:

    What do you mean by "very soon"? Very fast? :?

    :)

    You're wicked. Did you think about some vicious reasons? Heihei.

    American girls are really pretty in movies, especially some movies of campus life. Hmm, campus sex humorous movies? American Pie or Scarey Story.


    Yep, I made a mistake. It's very fast. Xixi. That's the reason why I don't wanna meet a guy. And it seems that the gentler the guy is, the faster he speaks then. 5555. Why he shows off his english in front of me.
    But fortunately, he give me a satisfactory score, 6 band.

    It's a pity that I did terrible in writing. only 5 band.

    I hope I can get 6 band in writing and overall 6.5 band this time.

    Thank all you guys and that girl. You are all great and conscietious.

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    12,971
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by eric2004
    I'm still not sure "Like, I don't like my subject, " then, could I say "I think my textbook is only full of bullshit? I don't know whether I can say such words in oral test.
    More often than we know, we have the answer the examiner is lookin for but we feel it may not be the correct one, so we fish for related ideas, which tends to get us no where. Speak what you know. If you are not 100% sure of your answer, say so. Use words like:

    Based on what I've read in X textbook(s), my understanding of the issue(s) is_____(relate what you've read in the textbook(s). Talk about the main points as stated in your textbooks, then add in aspects that you find questionable (i.e. that you find hard to relate to), and then say why you find them questionable by providing supporting examples. Above all, don't trash the textbook(s) or the author(s). Work with them so as to find a better solution. Show the examiner that you have read the readings; that you've done the research. That in itself speaks louder than a BS, related-idea response).

    :D

  8. #28
    RonBee's Avatar
    RonBee is offline Moderator
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Other
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    16,571
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by eric2004
    Quote Originally Posted by RonBee
    I prefer women for other reasons. :wink:

    What do you mean by "very soon"? Very fast? :?

    :)

    You're wicked. Did you think about some vicious reasons? Heihei.

    American girls are really pretty in movies, especially some movies of campus life. Hmm, campus sex humorous movies? American Pie or Scarey Story.


    Yep, I made a mistake. It's very fast. Xixi. That's the reason why I don't wanna meet a guy. And it seems that the gentler the guy is, the faster he speaks then. 5555. Why he shows off his english in front of me.
    But fortunately, he give me a satisfactory score, 6 band.

    It's a pity that I did terrible in writing. only 5 band.

    I hope I can get 6 band in writing and overall 6.5 band this time.

    Thank all you guys and that girl. You are all great and conscientious.
    Women
    Those lips, that hair, those eyes: their pretty faces,
    And those curves in all the right places. :wink:

    If you work at it you will improve. That "girl" is Casiopea, and she's really smart. :wink:

    :D

  9. #29
    RonBee's Avatar
    RonBee is offline Moderator
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Other
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    16,571
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Casiopea, which conditional is this:

    • If you work at it, you will improve.



  10. #30
    RonBee's Avatar
    RonBee is offline Moderator
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Other
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    16,571
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Those lips, that hair, those eyes: their pretty faces,
    And those wonderful curves in all the right places.

    And I like the way they smell.
    I like it very well.

    :D

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Tag question
    By Anonymous in forum Ask a Teacher
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 17-Jun-2004, 10:11
  2. Ambiguous Question Interpretation
    By Anonymous in forum Ask a Teacher
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 23-Apr-2004, 23:47
  3. Question Tag Quiz: You Understand, Don't You?
    By Red5 in forum General Language Discussions
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-Mar-2004, 16:13
  4. Grammatical question
    By Anonymous in forum Ask a Teacher
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 15-Oct-2003, 22:47
  5. Question about -ed phrases
    By Astro-D in forum Ask a Teacher
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 26-Mar-2003, 19:13

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Hotchalk