English Teacher
Native Language
Polish
Home Country
Poland
Current Location
Poland
Hello everyone.
I need help/ advice on speaking classes which I'll have next week. They are FCE students and since I'm new to the teaching community I'm not sure how to prepare the classes.

The previous teacher asked them to prepare vocabulary regarding a certain topic e.g. environment and during the next lesson they had a discussion on that topic, but I don't know how to preprare such lessons. Should I have some questions? or a set of specific tasks?

please help me

thanks!

Esredux

VIP Member
Member Type
Other
Native Language
Russian
Home Country
Russian Federation
Current Location
Russian Federation
Hi Doorbellring,

Welcome to UE :-D

You might find it helpful to know more about the exam format on Cambridge English: First (FCE)
There was a very nice Teacher support website https://www.teachers.cambridgeesol.org/ts/but right now it' 'temporally unavailable'. I hope it will work for you. There you can find lots of lesson plans and activities on various papers. In any case, explore the Cambridge site - they have a lot to offer for the exam preparation.
Also, for the speaking paper "Splendid speaking" FCE Speaking: Practice tests and tips for students preparing for the First Certificate Speaking test. is probably the best - they have weekly speaking task sheets and audio samples.

ps Cambridge ESOL Teacher Support - all activities are centred around the exam tasks.

Last edited:

Tdol

No Longer With Us (RIP)
Staff member
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
Japan
Since they're working towards FCE, it's logical to structure some activities in the same way as the exam to help them get used to them.

Status
Not open for further replies.