[General] What 's the name of the movie?

Status
Not open for further replies.

maiabulela

Member Type
Other
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Egypt
Current Location
Egypt
Dear all,

There is a movie that I watched many times ago, but now is no longer broadcasted in my country. I'm dying to know the name of it to be able to download it.

I'll try to tell what I remember from the story and I REALLY hope that anyone can kindly help me:

- The movie starts with like a woman cooking in the kitchen and suddendly from the window she saw a hanged man on a tree who turned out to be her husband.

- One day, she was collecting, I think, wood for fire with her son where snow covers the land, and she saw from a distance a shackled man who, once they reached him, lost his concious.

- The man had a fever and she brought thim home and called the doctor for him. She tried to help him by huggeing him so tight to make him sweat.

One man from the church blamed her to have a stranger in her house.

- One day the poeple , whom I think killed her husband, tried to threaten her or something like that, and the stranger, despite his severe sickness, raised a gun and scared them, and the moment they left, he lost concious.

- As far as I remember. She, later, tried to tell the man that she don't like violence and using guns, and asked him to get away from her son not to teach him those evil stuff.

- Also, as far as I remember, one of the beatiful scenes was at the barn, where there is a newborn goat which the man thought was dead but the woman asked him to like shake her or something to help it to breathe. The following scene we see the man sitting on a chair hugging that goat.

In the end, they fall in love with each other and she, I think, challenged the rule of the church (where she was working, I guess" to marry him

I really hope that helps. I'm dying to see this movie again but NOT A SINGLE CLUE about its name.

Awaiting your reply.

Thanks a lot.

maiabulela

Member Type
Other
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Egypt
Current Location
Egypt
Also, I remember that one day he tried to tell her why he always carries a gun, and how he's not violent by nature, but certain circumstances have obliged him to be like that. I think when he was young someone slaughtered a pig on him.

Amigos4

VIP Member
Member Type
Academic
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Can you remember the names of the actors?
Was the movie produced in the United States?
Was it a western?
You'll need to give us a little more information before we can solve your mystery! :cool:
Can you remember any of the dialogue?

maiabulela

Member Type
Other
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Egypt
Current Location
Egypt
All I know that it's either English or American. it's coloured. may be 80's or 70's (not sure)

Amigos4

VIP Member
Member Type
Academic
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
All I know that it's either English or American. it's coloured. may be 80's or 70's (not sure)
Maiabulela, you will need to think harder! There are so many movies with this type of theme that it will be impossible to find the title you are looking for unless we can pinpoint the names of the actors or a direct line of dialogue from the film.

Can you provide us with any specific details about the movie? Can you think of another movie with the same actors?

maiabulela

Member Type
Other
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Egypt
Current Location
Egypt
Maiabulela, you will need to think harder! There are so many movies with this type of theme that it will be impossible to find the title you are looking for unless we can pinpoint the names of the actors or a direct line of dialogue from the film.

Can you provide us with any specific details about the movie? Can you think of another movie with the same actors?

If I knew the actors, I would have searched myself. Also, I haven't stated a theme. it's the story woth some specific details. IF anyone has just seen the movie, they would tell me right away. Unfortunatley, I can't help someone to search, Otherisw I would've searched myself.

Thanks.

Amigos4

VIP Member
Member Type
Academic
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
For some unknown reason, Bob K's post was sent to my e-mail alert but was never posted online. Here is his post:

"Some of those features are reminiscent of Shane (
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0046303/).
Maybe one of the remakes introduced some of the more tawdry tropes (like the
hanged husband)."

b

charliedeut

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Spanish
Home Country
Spain
Current Location
Spain
For some unknown reason, Bob K's post was sent to my e-mail alert but was never posted online. Here is his post:

"Some of those features are reminiscent of Shane (
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0046303/).
Maybe one of the remakes introduced some of the more tawdry tropes (like the
hanged husband)."

b

Hi Amigos,

I don't know why that happened, but I did see Bob's post yesterday. I guess it's a matter for webmasters to figure out. :up:

5jj

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
Czech Republic
Current Location
Czech Republic
"Some of those features are reminiscent of Shane (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0046303/).
Maybe one of the remakes introduced some of the more tawdry tropes (like the hanged husband)."
Apart from the woman in the kitchen, there is nothing that reminds me of Shane, or of Eastwood's version, Pale Rider. In neither film is there a hanged or shackled man, man with a fever, church involvement, newborn goat, or marriage of the woman and the stranger. In fact, in both films, the stranger rides off, leaving the woman with her husband.

Some of the 'tawdry' images make me think of spaghetti westerns but even I haven't been able to see all of those - yet.

Last edited by a moderator:

maiabulela

Member Type
Other
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Egypt
Current Location
Egypt
Apart from the woman in the kitchen, there is nothing that reminds me of Shane, or of Eastwood's version, Pale Rider. In neither film is there a hanged or shackled man, man with a fever, church involvement, newborn goat, or marriage of the woman and the stranger. In fact, in both films, the stranger rides off, leaving the woman with her husband.

Some of the 'tawdry' images make me think of spaghetti westerns but even I haven't been able to see all of those - yet.

Thanks. I have finally got it on "whirlpool" site "It is "The Outsider 2002" YAY!!! :) Thanks a lot for your effort anyway :oops:

Amigos4

VIP Member
Member Type
Academic
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
I am happy that you found the title! Enjoy! ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.