Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
China
Please help me to make the following memo formal. Thank you!
Memo
To: All staff
Date: September 13
Subject: Foreign language training

Starting October 10, oral and written English training courses will be held in Meeting Room 101 and 102 by Human Resources Department. The courses are designed to enhance the communication ability through spoken and written English, which are of great importance in export and import business. Hence each new employee is required to attend one of the courses.Please email me (29752921@qq.com) the name list of the staff before September 15.

billmcd

Key Member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Please help me to make the following memo formal. Thank you!
Memo
To: All staff
Date: September 13
Subject: Foreign language training

Starting October 10, oral and written English training courses will be held in Meeting Room 101 and 102 by Human Resources Department. The courses are designed to enhance the communication ability through spoken and written English, which are of great importance in export and import business. Hence each new employee is required to attend one of the courses.Please email me (29752921@qq.com) the names [STRIKE]list[/STRIKE] of[STRIKE] the [/STRIKE]staff who will attend before September 15.

I think the memo is sufficiently formal.

ziawj2

Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
China
Current Location
China
I am expected to write no less than 100 words, but there are 85 words. Could you help me to make it longer? Thank you!

billmcd

Key Member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
I am expected to write no less than 100 words, but there are 85 words. Could you help me to make it longer? Thank you!

Aha! I didn't realize that this was an assignment or homework. I don't think many companies place a requirement on emails of word minimums. Here's a suggestion for your 100 word requirement: ask everyone to bring a snack.

Status
Not open for further replies.