Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Polish
Home Country
Poland
Current Location
UK
Could you check it for mistakes, please? Thank you for any help!

To Customer Services of Readalot Book Club

I have recently become a member of your book club and must admit I was persuaded to do so when seeing a flyer advertising the club. I am generally happy with this membership. However, I am writing to stress out those things which I am dissatisfied with. As being a member, I had the chance to find out myself that not everything stated on the leaflet praising your club corresponds with the truth.
To begin with, I really appreciate the wide selection of books offered by the club. This point is true. However, you claim that many of them are more than half cheaper than in shops, but you do not mention that it mostly refers to the older ones. You offer first three books for free – that’s awesome, but why is the choice so limited?
Another thing which I found disappointing was the ‘guaranteed’ quick delivery. Well, in few cases I had to wait for up to a week before receiving the ordered books! I tried to contact the customer service team a few times but I was always unsuccessful. The line just doesn’t work.
What I find definitely helpful are the customer reviews. That is a great idea!
I hope my letter will help you improve your services.

billmcd

Key Member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Could you check it for mistakes, please? Thank you for any help!

To Customer Services of Readalot Book Club

I [STRIKE]have[/STRIKE] recently [STRIKE]become[/STRIKE] became a member of your book club and must admit that I was [STRIKE]persuaded[/STRIKE] ("persuaded" suggests interaction between persons) inclined to do so when seeing a flyer advertising the club. I am generally happy with this membership. However, I [STRIKE]am writing to stress [/STRIKE] want to point out those things which I am dissatisfied with. As [STRIKE] being [/STRIKE] a member, I had the chance to find out [STRIKE]myself[/STRIKE] personally that not everything stated [STRIKE] on [/STRIKE] in the leaflet praising your club corresponds with [STRIKE]the truth[/STRIKE] actual experience.

To begin with, I really appreciate the wide selection of books offered by the club and as stated in the flyer. [STRIKE]This point is true.[/STRIKE] However, you claim that many of [STRIKE]them are more than half cheaper [/STRIKE] the books are less than half the price of books offered [STRIKE]than[/STRIKE] in shops, but you do not mention that it mostly refers to [STRIKE]the[/STRIKE] older [STRIKE]ones[/STRIKE] books. You offer the first three books for free – that’s awesome, but why is the choice so limited?

Another thing which I found disappointing was the ‘guaranteed’ quick delivery. Well, in few cases I had to wait for up to a week before receiving the ordered books! I tried to contact the customer service team a few times but I was always unsuccessful. The line just doesn’t work.

What I find definitely helpful are the customer reviews. That is a great idea!
I hope my letter will help you improve your services.

b.

leszkoss

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Polish
Home Country
Poland
Current Location
UK
Thanks for corrections!

Status