Student or Learner
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
My inspiring father

We all have someone in our family who we most admire, and from my perspective, these people are essential for us as we have somebody to look up to. In my case, the person I esteem the most is certainly my father, whose life story inspires me. To this day, he still professes how proud he is of me and pushes me to excel.

Growing up my father was a very hard teacher yes I said teacher for he taught all his four children to respect every person that they come in contact with no matter what. Raised in the country he worked as a lumberjack before working for the iron mines in Keewatin, Minnesota on the iron range, he instilled us all that nothing is for free that we have to hold our heads high and work for what we wanted. My father never finished school and neither did my mother. When his kids graduated from high school my father asked my mother to go back to school with him, and get there GED, and that they did and we all held our heads high proudly.

Besides a drill operator in the mines he was also an electrician and carpenter, some say he was the jack of all trades for there is nothing that my father could not do if he put his mind to it. When not working, my father was in the garage scrapping steel or building something. He would be found out hunting and fishing or just hopping on his 4 wheeler and enjoying the countryside with a smile on his face. My father loved the country there was nothing in the town or city that appealed to him and he lived his life just that.

Raised on the iron range he has remained for his entire life, and raised his four children. At seventy-three retired from the mines, he has had hip replace and back surgery still continuously works hard daily without missing a step. My mother was everything to my father, when she went ill I saw a side of my father of a love that is without words, that showed me just the kind of man my father really was, he put his whole life on hold, his fishing, his hunting, his four wheeling all come to a halt. He was by her side every minute of every day and when he had to just get away he called me and asked if I could for a couple days and help him out. That is when I cried for my father has never asked me for anything ever, it was always him taking care of me, but he needed me and I was there. Mom's illness was serious and I ended up moving back home for several years to help my dad take care of her. When he lost her after forty-eight years of marriage, he still stays strong and is still raising his family. At seventy-three retired from the mines, he still continuously works hard daily without missing a step. My father has been side by side board by board with my younger brother building his three car garage all my hand. He helped lay cement all the way through shingling and siding. If I need anything he is there, if I do not call him for three days is on that phone calling me to see how I am doing.

I never in my life thought I would be going back to college at the age of fifty-one and when I told my father, the look in his eyes and the smile that come over his face is a look that told me that I was doing the right thing. He told me straight out if there is anything I can do to help I am here and do not hesitate to ask, and he told me if I see you struggling and you don't tell me then you will have to answer to me, for I have taught you to hold your head high and do whatever it takes to get what you want, and if that means asking for help your best be doing it. That is the man I call my father and he is my rock.

Raymott

VIP Member
Member Type
Academic
Native Language
English
Home Country
Australia
Current Location
Australia
I never in my life thought I would be going back to college at the age of fifty-one and when I told my father, the look in his eyes and the smile that come over his face is a look that told me that I was doing the right thing. He told me straight out if there is anything I can do to help I am here and do not hesitate to ask, and he told me if I see you struggling and you don't tell me then you will have to answer to me, for I have taught you to hold your head high and do whatever it takes to get what you want, and if that means asking for help your best be doing it. That is the man I call my father and he is my rock.
Hi mnflower,
Welcome to the forum. We can't check homework here.
However, you should put quotes around directly spoken words, as in your concluding paragraph.

Status
Not open for further replies.