To admit about who changed our world very fast and noticeably, we have to refer this to the modern technology. In the recent years we recognized that the world has changed totally from what we know, and the credit for this is belonged to the new technology; in two major developments: communication and transportation. In this essay I'll go over communication field briefly.
The technology revolution in the communication made up the world a small village, by bringing people closer together and reducing the time of communication from weeks to seconds. On the other hand, it helps us to learn about anything we want as well as communicate with whoever we want and reach the farthest places in this world. In addition to this, it helps to bring the family members together.
Within the previous years, sending message to your family or to a business work was very hard because of the time consumed in travelling. The news spread was very slow. The communities were closed on their self, for example, if you want to learn a new language or about another cultures, you have to travel to that places. By contrast, now everything is spreading fast over the world without any control, and you can send a set of books online or call anyone around the world at anytime, and if you want to learn a new language you can do it online or watch it on TV and meet people from any areas anywhere in the world. Even if you want to complete your studies by distance learning.
In general the modern technology adds a lot of advantages and benefits to the world, conversely, there are some disadvantages too, such as, rumors spreading without any control or the time people spent on using this technology as a leisure, helping them from their family and that creates a gap between family or friends. on the whole, I think that the benefits outweigh the disadvantages.
In my opinion, we can conclude that communication helps different cultures to become more closer to each other. In general I disagree with the statement as the technology is destroying the differences between cultures or making one culture dominate another one. But to some extent it imports them but they must be careful to keep their individual culture and identity.