Please help me how to write formal email.

Status
Not open for further replies.

kamransaid

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Pashto, Pushto
Home Country
Pakistan
Current Location
Saudi Arabia
Hi

I want to tell our company procurement team that as per director instructions please be informed that on every thursday after 12 PM all the incoming letters for submitting to client shoud be dated upcoming or next saturday, not current date.

Hope you people got my point, i want to improve my poor English.

Please help to make it better and formal.

Best Regards

kamransaid

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Pashto, Pushto
Home Country
Pakistan
Current Location
Saudi Arabia
No one dare to help me:-(

Regards

Gillnetter

Key Member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Hi

I want to tell our company procurement team that as per director instructions please be informed that on every [STRIKE]thursday [/STRIKE] Thursday after 12 PM all the incoming letters for submitting to client [STRIKE]shoud [/STRIKE] should be dated upcoming or next [STRIKE]saturday[/STRIKE] Saturday, not current date.

Hope you people got my point, [STRIKE]i [/STRIKE] ​I want to improve my poor English.

Please help to make it better and formal.

Best Regards
Please be informed that, as per the instructions of the director, all letters for submittal to clients, received after 12 PM on Thursdays, should be dated for the upcoming Saturday, not the current date.

I believe that what I have written above is what you mean. There are at least two major problems with this text. The first problem is that there are two 12 PMs in a day - noon and midnight. While most people would assume that the instructions pertain to noon, I would be uncomfortable with that notion. To avoid the problem, I suggest using another time - 11:55 AM would work better. Secondly, what the "current date" means is not clear. I suggest that you replace this term with something like, "...not the date the letter was written".

kamransaid

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Pashto, Pushto
Home Country
Pakistan
Current Location
Saudi Arabia
Thanks for replying, "current date" means if the letter was written on Thursday 4 Oct 2012, and also received on Thursday 4 Oct 2012 after 12PM, I want them to write upcoming Saturday date (6 Oct 2012 not 4 Oct 2012)

Actually they are sending these letters, to us from Madraid for submittal to client.

Also I am not much bad reader, I can easily read English articles etc.. but very poor speaker. cant speak and write properly, please guide me how to improve my English.

Quick response to my questions should be highly appreciated.

Best regards

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
A word of advice - everyone here is a volunteer doing this in our free time. You posted your original question at 11.36 and then posted a rather abrupt second post just four hours later. We appreciate that you believe that your question is urgent and important, but there are hundreds of posts here for us to deal with and we do the best we can. Please be patient.

Status
Not open for further replies.