Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Tagalog
Home Country
Philippines
Current Location
Philippines
Last Saturday, we celebrated Andi's Birthday at Kidzville Podium. It was a fun day. Everybody is in the mood to party, especially the children. the place is so crowded, but everything is fine. You hard laughing of the children,parents and a loud sound coming from the sound system.

During the games everybody was participated. I can see the smile at their faces, especially to Andi.
She was so happy, she sing and dance that day. she was cool.

Gillnetter

Key Member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Last Saturday, we celebrated Andi's Birthday at Kidzville Podium. It was a fun day. Everybody [STRIKE]is [/STRIKE] was in the mood to party, especially the children. the place [STRIKE]is [/STRIKE] was so crowded, but everything [STRIKE]is [/STRIKE] was fine. You [STRIKE]hard [/STRIKE] heard the laughing of the children, parents and a loud sound coming from the sound system.

During the games, everybody [STRIKE]was [/STRIKE]participated. I [STRIKE]can [/STRIKE] could see the smile [STRIKE]at [/STRIKE] on their faces, especially [STRIKE]to [/STRIKE] onAndi's.
She was so happy, she [STRIKE]sing [/STRIKE] sang and [STRIKE]dance [/STRIKE] danced that day. She was cool.
"is" refers to the present - It is raining. "was" refers to the past - It was raining yesterday. The party happened in the past, so "is" cannot be used here - use "was". Similar to this is your usage of "can". I can see now, I could see yesterday.

nelinda

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Tagalog
Home Country
Philippines
Current Location
Philippines
Hi, Thank you for correcting my grammar.

Status
Not open for further replies.