I'm going to take the Toefl IBT... can you read my essays and mark it? comments are appreciated. Thanks so much for your kindness

Some people choose friends who are different from themselves. Others choose friends who are similar to themselves. Compare the advantages of having friends who are different from you with the advantages of having friends who are similar to you. Which kind of friend do you prefer for yourself? Why?

Friends is an essential part of our life and choosing a friend is also an important matter that needs to be considered. Many people choose friends who are different from themselves while others choose friends who have many things in common. Personally, I often make the closest friendships with the one who is similar to myself because of these following reasons.

Having a friend who is similar to me is much easier to understand each other. Having the same ideas and easily sharing thoughts and feelings helps us to see through our friend without misunderstanding. The friendships will be better and better. It is also convenient when we discuss a matter, do research or find solutions to exercises.

In addition, we can share and enjoy our common hobbies. For instant, my close friend like swimming and so do I. At weekend, we often go swimming and tell each other about everything during the week. I find it really happy to share with her my gruelling test at school, the film I watched the night before or even my worry and sorrow in life. We also go everywhere together and take photographs. I have an enjoyable time whenever being with her.

Moreover, I think a friend different from myself is easier to have quarrel with and harder to come to an agreement. Many people who prefer to choose a friend different from them may have their own reasons. Maybe they think a friend like that will help them to experience new things and add color to their life. However, not understanding each other and having much dissent are the big disadvantages and can make the friendship difficult to last long in my opinion.

To sum up I think a friend having many things in common is easier to understand, share everything and enjoy the same hobbies together. Come what may, having a close friend to stand by us and encourage us is the best thing in life whether they are similar to us or not. And I feel happy to have many good friends.

343 words