Please, correct or improve following texts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

hemal

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Gujarati
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
Dear Sir/Madam,

English is second language for me. Following texts I have translated from Gujarati to English. I think, there will be lot of mistakes. so for now, I write a few sentences.

texts are given below.

Nothing is wrong in invention of Television happened. but, it depends on how much importance you give to it in your life.
Rules to balance between life and TV.
Bring out TV from bedroom. According to one research children who have TV in their own room spends 11 hours in front of it. due to TV, children keep themselves away from the activities like playing, drawing, painting etc.

if anything wrong, then please tell me the appropriate way of writing above texts.

Thanks in advance.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Please don't address your posts "Dear Sir/Madam" It's totally unnecessary. You are not writing a formal letter to us!

Have you translated this piece just for practice or is it an assignment for your English teacher?

hemal

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Gujarati
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
I have translated this piece just for practice. Texts are taken from Gujarati news paper.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
[STRIKE]Dear Sir/Madam,[/STRIKE]

English is a second language for me. [STRIKE]Following texts[/STRIKE] I have translated the following texts from Gujarati to English. I think (no comma required) there will be lot of mistakes. [STRIKE]so for now, I write a few sentences.[/STRIKE]

The texts are given below.

Nothing is wrong in invention of Television happened. but, it depends on how much importance you give to it in your life.
The invention of television is not a bad thing but it depends how much you importance you give it in your life.

Rules to balance [STRIKE]between [/STRIKE]life and TV:

Bring out TV from bedroom.
Take the TV out of the bedroom.

According to one piece of research, children who have a TV in their own room [STRIKE]spends[/STRIKE] spend 11 hours in front of it. [STRIKE]due to TV, [/STRIKE]Children [STRIKE]keep themselves away from the[/STRIKE] don't take part in activities like playing, drawing, painting etc if they watch too much TV.

[STRIKE]if anything wrong, then please tell me the appropriate way of writing above texts.[/STRIKE]
If anything is wrong with what I have written, please correct it.

Thanks in advance.

See above. You need to concentrate on your use of articles and your word order.

Status
Not open for further replies.