ruben Guest

Talking learn verbs past tense

i want to learn more english

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: learn verbs past tense

OK, read these and comment on their meaning and grammar... and don't come home limping !! .
    You can put your shoes in the oven, but that don't make 'em biscuits. Proverb in the Southern USA
    Write down the advice of him who loves you, though you like it not at present. English Proverb
    Hard pressed on my right. My center is yielding. Impossible to maneuver. Situation excellent. I am attacking. French Gen. Ferdinand Foch, reporting to senior command from the World War I Battle of the Marne
    Nothing is so good that somebody, somewhere will not hate it. Pohl's Law
    The terrible ifs accumulate. Winston Churchill, on the fiasco following the invasion of the Gallipoli peninsula by Allied forces in World War I
    Faced with the choice between changing one's mind and proving that there is no need to do so, almost everyone gets busy on the proof. Galbraith's Law
    In any given situation reasonably presenting the alternatives of apology, excuse or justification, the probabilities favor excuse over apology, and justification over excuse. Burke’s Corollary to Galbraith's Law
    This is insolence up with which I will not put. Winston Churchill, upon reading a newspaper’s criticism of his having ended a sentence with a preposition.
    You can get more with a kind word and a gun, than with just a kind word. Al Capone.