Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Lebanon
Current Location
Oman
I need help in creating a guided handout for students when it comes to asking polite questions including Meaning Form and Pronunciation for the following question:

Would you mind if i asked you how old you are?

Your help is much appreciated

Gillnetter

Key Member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
I need help in creating a guided handout for students when it comes to asking polite questions, including meaning, form, and pronunciation for the following question:

Would you mind if I asked you how old you are?

Your help is much appreciated
I'm not sure what a "guided handout" is. Please explain more of what you after.

Rahif Bshennaty

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Lebanon
Current Location
Oman
Hi well I mean a worksheet where the meaning, form and pronunciation is covered for students and the aim of it is for students to keep for reference. Sorry for not being clear earlier :)

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
I'm still not quite sure what you're looking for. Do you mean that you are going to spend a lesson covering the question "Do you mind if I ask you how old you are?" and during that lesson you will cover the meaning of the words, the form/structure of the question and how each word is pronounced?

Rahif Bshennaty

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Arabic
Home Country
Lebanon
Current Location
Oman
yes that is exactly what i mean! I am going to cover that and as well I wanted to allow students to keep the worksheet which will be a summary of the lesson with exercises for students as a future reference!

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Yes. That is exactly what I mean! I am going to cover that and [STRIKE]as well[/STRIKE] I also wanted to allow students to keep the worksheet which will be a summary of the lesson with exercises for students [STRIKE]as a[/STRIKE] for future reference!

Your profile shows that you are a student. Are you studying to be an English teacher and this is a practice lesson, or have you qualified as a teacher and you are already teaching?

Status
Not open for further replies.