Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Please help me out! I go to a academy that does not let me leave if I am failing a class. I currently have a D in my advanced composition class and really want to leave next weekend. Please help me by editing my paper so I can get a decent grade on it and get outta here! Thank you in advance for your help!

Prompt: Argue a revealing construct in Midaq Alley and the effect it may have on the culture.

**START OF ESSAY**
The Other Boleyn Girl

“A man's love is worthless. Our mother's loved, look where it got her, a feeble husband. Love is of no value without power and position.”
-Anne Boleyn
Anne Boleyn was a female with true aspirations. What she desired most is what many females search for as well; marriage. Marriage in the past definition of the word was simply the joining of two families. Marriage has been twisted to entail a deeper meaning, one of romantic origins. Anne Boleyn in The Other Boleyn Girl knows that marriage has nothing to do with love. As a three course meal is made with the intent to leave the consumer full, marriage is aiming for the same effect. Marriage can be looked at as simply an appetizer; one that leads to the main course, of power. Power in a marriage is like the main meal, which fills up the female in this partnership. Anne Boleyn uses marriage as a pathway to power. Hamida and other female characters in Midaq Alley take the same strategy. In some ways, a female’s view of power in a marriage can depend on the perspective. Power can be realistic or simply perceived by the female. The desire of power through means of marriage can be detrimental to both society and the female in the relationship. Hamida, Anne, and many girls like them will go through many measures to secure some type of power.
Marriage is an act of submission. Meaning that there can little to no power actually gained by a female due to the ceremony of marriage. Through marriage, a male and female just give themselves totally and completely to each other. Realistically speaking, the woman has no power anymore. In marriage, the woman will take her husband’s last name, which displays one act of submission. The woman has given up her power and will now be under the influence and direction of her husband. Her husband is much like a puppet master; something that Hamida learns and experiences through the pimp that lures her in. He is able to use his charm and debonair manner to tell Hamida “[he] wants a beloved partner so that [they] can embark on the journey of life together – a life of light, wealth, high social standings and happiness” (Mahfouz 183). His promises of a life filled with money and happiness appeal directly to Hamida’s desires, the desires that she immediately attributes to power. Nowhere during the narrative does her “lover” offer her a legitimate form of power; such as ensuring that she would have a voice in the relationship. This lends way to the realization that realistically speaking, the female will not be gaining any power once wed.
On the contrary, there are females like Hamida who only want one thing in life: power. Hamida is originally introduced as having “a violent and unceasing drive to dominate others” (36). She thoroughly believes that the way to dominate and have power over others will be resolved with marriage. Hamida’s perceives that she is gaining power for she will be the woman of the house who can spend the money as she wishes. Appearance and power go hand in hand for a “girl who has no nice clothes might as well be dead” (24). In her mind, she has the notion that to marry someone who has money and who is better off in society, will give her the means to exercise her power. The thought of being well dressed and well off will give power to Hamida.
A simple exception to the argument of whether marriage will give the female power or not, is when there is a solid position entailing power that the woman will be filling once she married. Anne Boleyn was indeed gaining power in marrying the King. Here there is a validated position where a female through means of marriage will have power. Anne does not gain power over her husband though. She has simply gained power over England as Queen. Hamida does not have a King or prince to lust after in order to gain a determined position of power. Marriage in a standard sense will just allot the female with the title of wife, which pales in comparison to a title such Queen. Hamida longs for the type of power that comes along with being Queen and she knows that the only means to achieve it is through means of marriage. The closest she will come to being Queen is marrying someone who has enough money to allow her to play dress up and act as Queen. Therefore, this lends way to a perceived notion of power by Hamida.
Depending on what party is viewing the affects of marriage, it can be good or bad for society and culture. If females look at marriage as a means to gain power, they may run into a dead end. The power gained is simply perceived as power by them. The perceived power could potentially cause females to rush into a marriage and allow nothing to hinder their progress at obtaining marriage. Much like how in a three course meal, a customer may feel the need to rush through his or her appetizer with the desire to quickly obtain the main course. The introduction of the final course, dessert, equivalent to love, is put on hold for last. If a female becomes too power hungry, they leave little room for the dessert of the relationship. The marriage basis will be desire, leaving it to lack love.
CONCLUSION - TBD

charliedeut

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Spanish
Home Country
Spain
Current Location
Spain
You will not get that kind of help in this forum. In fact, we discourage people from posting homework for us to do. Once you submit the essay and get it corrected and graded, feel free to post whatever you feel is not correct or you disagree with; then we can comment.

But what you're trying to do is called cheating: your teachers/professors want to know what you can do, not what we can do.

Status
Not open for further replies.