Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
KaitlynNeal
Thefavorite cousin

Growing up I was always close to my cousinEvan. He is 4 years older than me, but my whole family told me we were exactly alike.We had the same interest, the same personality and we just got along so well.We only saw each other at family events like holidays or birthdays because helived in Virginia and I lived in Texas, so being away from him for so long washard but when we got together it was like we were never apart.
One Christmas Iwas 7 and Evan was 11 we were incredibly bored at my grandparent’s house andwanted to do something funny. So we went around the house scouting forsomething to pull a prank on someone with. We stumbled into my grandma’s closetand suddenly found a whoopee cushion we both looked at each other with hugegrins on our faces. We immediately grabbed it and started plotting our prank.We decided to use the whoopee cushion on my grandpa we thought he would be the funniestto do it on. We darted around my grandpa so he wouldn't notice us. We waitinguntil he got up from his chair and when we did we slid the whoopee cushionunderneath a blanket on his chair and waited for him to sit back down. We werealready giggling before he even sat down. Anticipating for him to sit down wewatched him slowly come back to his chair. Everybody in the house could hearhim sit down because there was this loud, disgusting farting noise. Evan and Istart rolling on the floor cracking up, as everyone else was just looking at usin confusion. It scared my grandpa to death but as soon as he realized what itwas he started laughing with us. That was one of my favorite memory of Evan andI.
Once Evan and Istarted getting older we started growing apart. He was in high school and I wasin middle school, he was just too cool for me. We still saw each other atfamily events, but it wasn’t the same we had nothing in common anymore. One dayEvan called me when he was a senior in high school about to graduate, that hedecided he was going to join the army. My heart dropped, my palms got sweatyand I just imagined him not being around and I almost broke down crying. Ididn’t say anything on the phone for a while it was just dead silence; all youheard was us breathing. Suddenly Evan just said my name and told me everythingwas going to be all right. I only saw Evan once before he left to serve our country.Till this day I have not seen him and I miss him so much, but I have so muchrespect for him of what he is doing and I look up to him so much.

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
Welcome to the forum. Do you have a question for us?

Status
Not open for further replies.