What does it mean to ’swindle them outta their youth’?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrghd

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Hungarian
Home Country
Hungary
Current Location
Hungary
(source: Iceberg Slim – Pimp, The story of my life)

The section that contains the expression:

”Shit, if you stripped and searched all of ’em you wouldn’t find a C note. They ain’t nothing but square hosewives. They sick of that half-ass screwing at home. They laying to swindle chump Nixxers outta their youth.”

Background:

Slim starts a conversation with Glass Top -one of the best-known pimps in the city- in a bar. (both Slim and Glass Top are Afro-Americans) A group of white ladies draws their attention with overtly libidinous and seductive behavior. Glass Top –as an experienced pimp- teaches Slim that they are surely not whores (ie. not the kind of women they are interested in) but simple housewives who are not satisfied with their sexual life at home and thus they come here to ’swindle chump black men outta their youth’

Could someone explain me what does this expression mean here?

MartinEnglish

Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
I think you need to check a different forum to find the answer - I'm not sure how many crack-dealing pimps use this one.

mrghd

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
Hungarian
Home Country
Hungary
Current Location
Hungary
This is not my first question here from that book and I got very valuable answers here to my former askings from the forummates. You don't have to be a 'crack-dealing pimp' to understand the language of the criminal underworld of Chicago in the 30s better than a foreigner.

peace :)

Tdol

No Longer With Us (RIP)
Staff member
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
Japan
I'd guess that it means that less intelligent or gullible young men are wasting their time on these women when they could be doing something better. In some way, a sexual encounter with these women is seen by Slim as a waste of time and to the advantage of the women. Maybe there's something seen as vampiric here.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.