Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
When people say hero they may think of a cartoon character but to me a true hero is someone who cares and makes sacrifices to make sure that the people around them are okay
and that person to me is my mother. My mother who has passed away a short while ago was loving, caring, encouraging, and trustworthy. Her whole life she made sacrifices
for the ones she loved and adored. Whenever someone needed help she was always willing to help them and get them back on their feet. She even took time out of the day to
home school me and my siblings.

And yeah we had are ups and downs but I always knew that I could go to her whenever I needed something. Sometimes I thought she was to hard on me but then realized
if she wasn`t that way I wouldn`t be able to take care of myself without her being here. I hate that she`s not here with me today but I know that she`s in heaven
watching us. And I hope that one day I will become an amazing woman like her and be a great mother like she was. I was lucky to have her was a mother and I know
being mine.

this is my first attempt

emsr2d2

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
When people say "hero" they may think of a cartoon character but to me a true hero is someone who cares and makes sacrifices to make sure that the people around them are okay, and that person to me is my mother. My mother, who [STRIKE]has[/STRIKE] passed away a short while ago, was loving, caring, encouraging, and trustworthy. Her whole life she made sacrifices for the ones she loved and adored. Whenever someone needed help she was always willing to help them and get them back on their feet. She even took time out of the day to home school me and my siblings.

And yeah we had [STRIKE]are[/STRIKE] our ups and downs but I always knew that I could go to her whenever I needed something. Sometimes I thought she was to hard on me but then I realized that if she wasn`t that way I wouldn`t be able to take care of myself without her being here. I hate that she`s not here with me today but I know that she`s in Heaven watching us. And I hope that one day I will become an amazing woman like her and be a great mother like she was. I was lucky to have her [STRIKE]was[/STRIKE] as a mother and I know being mine (the last few words don't make sense).

This is my first attempt.

Welcome to the forum. For a first attempt, that is pretty good. Well done. I have made a few amendments above, marked in red. Take care with your punctuation - not only did I add some commas in the essay but your final sentence (this is my first attempt) was not capitalised and did not end with a punctuation mark.

Your title also had some errors. You wrote: Need help im a homeschooler and i have never wrote a essay before

It should be "
I need help. I'm a homeschooler and I have never written an essay before".

Remember that we always capitalise the word "I" (first person singular).

Status
Not open for further replies.