Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
American English
Home Country
England
Current Location
England
Hey all, I'm trying to write a cover letter applying for an electrical apprentice. I'll paste what I've currently done but it just doesn't sound correct. Thanks in advance.

Dear Sir or Madam,

Firstly let me tell you about myself, my name is _______, born on the 23rd of May 1987. I am currently seeking employment in the electrical industry. I have experience in the area ranging from small jobs to large rewires. I have done a 2 year fulltime course at Yorkshire Coast College and also I have had about one and a half years experience working in domestic and industy enviroment. I have a good understanding of manual handling and I also abided by the relevant legal requirements at all times.

I want to focus my career on the electrical industry because I have always enjoyed working with my hands and the problem solving that the job involes. I like the fact that this area of work is always something new and I like to be constantly challenged.

Should you have any job vacancies, currently or upcoming, I would like to be considered. If you need any other information, please don’t hesitate to get in touch.

Yours sincerely

spanishflame

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Slovak
Home Country
Slovak Republic
Current Location
UK
there are some many sources on the internet where you can learn how to write a cover letter correctly. You are just shifting your responsibility on the shoulders of other people.
I do not understand the cheekiness to get hold of English Native Speakers and ask them to do your homework.

DanUK

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
American English
Home Country
England
Current Location
England
there are some many sources on the internet where you can learn how to write a cover letter correctly. You are just shifting your responsibility on the shoulders of other people.
I do not understand the cheekiness to get hold of English Native Speakers and ask them to do your homework.

You could say that, but I did write that out myself and I was happy to send it off like that. It was my Mother who said it doesn't sound right. I failed English at school. I don't even know whats up with that letter to be honest.

5jj

Staff member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
British English
Home Country
Czech Republic
Current Location
Czech Republic
While we do not help with homework assignments, some people are prepared to offer help and advice with letter writing. You may not wish to, and I don't do it myself, but this forum is here for people who would like help. Please don't try to deter people who need this.

Status
Not open for further replies.