Interested in Language
Native Language
Brazilian Portuguese
Home Country
Brazil
Current Location
Brazil
Dear teachers,

Could you please check this letter for clarity?

COVER LETTER

October the 26th, 2012

Dear Editor

You will find enclosed herewith a manuscript, from original work of the authors, on the area of pyrolysis of biomass to produce bio-oil, one of the most promising alternative sources of energy. In this manuscript, it was given emphasis to the operation and performance of a semi-pilot processing unit able to pyrolyse up to 40 kg/h of biomass. Results showed that this technology can contribute to inserting this product in the global energy matrix.
I would also like to state that all the authors agree that this paper should be submitted to the BioResource Technology Journal and it was not previously submitted to this or any other journal.

Respectfully yours,

Thank you

Last edited:

Gillnetter

Key Member
Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Dear teachers,

Could you please check this letter for clarity?

COVER LETTER

October the 26th, 2012

Dear Editor,

You will find enclosed [STRIKE]herewith [/STRIKE]a manuscript, [STRIKE]from [/STRIKE] an original work of the authors, on the area of pyrolysis of biomass to produce bio-oil, one of the most promising alternative sources of energy. In this manuscript, [STRIKE]it was given [/STRIKE] emphasis was given to the operation and performance of a semi-pilot processing unit able to pyrolyse up to 40 kg/h of biomass. Results showed that this technology can contribute to the process of [STRIKE]insering [/STRIKE] inserting this oil in the global energy matrix.
I would also like to state that all the authors agree that this paper should be submitted to the BioResource Technology Journal and it was not previously submitted to this or any other journal.

Respectfully yours,

Thank you
There is no good reason to use "herewith" in this context. "herewith" is a fine word but the usage is generally restricted to legal matters. If you write that the manuscript if "from" an original work the indication is that only part of the original work is shown here. If it is "an original work", the indication is that this is the entire work of the authors.

I assume that your usage of "a semi-pilot processing unit..." is correct, though I don't understand what it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.