Is it okay to put comma between sentences like this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

haha27

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Korean
Home Country
South Korea
Current Location
South Korea
According to the research of the Korea government, these days, most Korea companies prefer to do group work in each departments because the Korean companies believe that the relationship which is made by conversation and advice about each other causes employees to increase their competitive ceremony.

Does it make sense?

Last edited:

TheParser

VIP Member
Member Type
Other
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
***** NOT A TEACHER *****

Hello,

Yes, it makes sense.

I think that most American teachers would recommend that a comma not be used after "days."

May I suggest a few little changes?

According to the South Korean government, most companies these days prefer group work in their offices. They believe that such

interaction among employees increases productivity and competitiveness.

James

P.S. If you start the sentence with "These days," then I think that you have a choice:

These days, most South Korean companies ....
These days most South Korean companies ....

I believe that most American newspapers, magazines, books, etc. would prefer the second sentence. They probably see

no real reason to use a comma. Most readers will just naturally pause after "days," so there is no need to use a comma in

order to "remind" them to pause. Because "these days" is only two words, there is no problem that readers will be confused.

(Did you notice that I used a comma after "words"? "Because 'these days' is only two words" is 7 words. That is a long

introduction. So we should help our readers by using a comma.)

James

Barb_D

Staff member
Member Type
Other
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
What do you mean by "competitive ceremony"?

Status
Not open for further replies.