Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
Chinese
Home Country
Taiwan
Current Location
Taiwan
Would anyone be kind enough to check the following paragraph for me? Thanks!

The dandelion was blown to a city that has pollution troubles. It saw a little tree lamenting about her wretched lot, so he asked her “Why do you look so sad?” “I want to grow into a big, towering tree,” The little tree answered and began to sob out her sad story. “However, I think it impossible to realize my dream because I am grown in this polluted, barren land.” “Believe yourself. Never give up, and your dream will come true sooner or later.” The dandelion said. “Really? Can I do it?” the little tree stopped crying and surprisingly asked. “Yes, I have confidence in you.” The dandelion said. “Thank you. I will overcome.” the little tree said happily.

Grumpy

Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
English
Home Country
UK
Current Location
UK
The dandelion was blown to a city that has pollution troubles. It saw a little tree lamenting about her wretched lot, so he [You started the sentence with "It saw..", so you must carry on using "it". Or you could start the sentence with "He saw.."] asked her, “Why do you look so sad?” “I want to grow into a big, towering tree,” [STRIKE]T[/STRIKE]the little tree answered, and began to sob out her sad story. “However, I think it's going to be[or, "will be"] impossible to realize my dream because I am [STRIKE]grown[/STRIKE] growing in this polluted, barren land.” “Believe in yourself. Never give up, and your dream will come true sooner or later,” [STRIKE]The[/STRIKE] the dandelion said. “Really? Can I do it?” the little tree stopped crying and [STRIKE]surprisingly[/STRIKE] asked in surprise. “Yes. I have confidence in you,” [STRIKE]The[/STRIKE] the dandelion said. “Thank you. I will overcome,” the little tree said happily.

See this link for how to punctuate direct speech Punctuation in direct speech - Oxford Dictionaries Online

Status
Not open for further replies.