if you had bacome prsident..you would have had to work...

Status
Not open for further replies.

hitesh70

Member Type
Student or Learner
Native Language
Hindi
Home Country
India
Current Location
India
Is this correct if I say this.. or there is some better way to say it" If you had become president , you would have had to work harder" OR " If you had become president , you would have to work harder" .. Here I want to clarify that the person has not become president... u am just giving possibility what would have happened.. if he had become president.

accessible.esl

Member Type
English Teacher
Native Language
English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Is this correct if I say this.. or there is some better way to say it" If you had become president , you would have had to work harder" OR " If you had become president , you would have to work harder" .. Here I want to clarify that the person has not become president... u am just giving possibility what would have happened.. if he had become president.

"If you had become president, you would have had to work hard" is the correct grammar if you want to say that the person tried to become president, but failed (in the past). If you want to say that the person is currently trying to become president, and if they become president in the future, they will work hard, then say "If you become president, you will have to work hard " (no perfect).

SoothingDave

VIP Member
Member Type
Interested in Language
Native Language
American English
Home Country
United States
Current Location
United States
Don't insert a space before a comma. Just use one space after the comma.

Status
Not open for further replies.