• Other
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States
    Post Thanks / Like

And I may ask you some basic knowledge in these days. Thank you to reply.
    You want to ask me about some basic knowledge?

You're so nice. So you can meet innumerable beauties in your reality. Xixi, I wish I will either.
    Meet innumerable beauties? What a wonderful idea! :D
    (Say: "I hope to do so also.")

:D

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    1, When facing the essential business issues, they have strongly healthy bodies and mentalities to overcome difficulties .However, elder leaders tend to become more vulnerable towards such moments with time goes by.
    Say: strong, healthy bodies. Also, the phrase is as time goes by. You will need to rephrase that using simpler sentences for me to truly understand what you are saying.

2, Retirement is the best approach for those elder top managers, and meanwhile considering the interests of companies, the youth needs to have more opportunities to train themselves for the future challenge.
    Retirement is the best approach for what? The youth would refer to one person. Perhaps young people would be better there. Say: more opportunities for training or more opportunities to gain experience. You will need to rephrase that somewhat so I can understand it better.

3 Here I tend to discuss both sides of this problem.
    • Here I intend to discuss both sides of this problem.

Or:

• both sides of the situation

Or:

• both sides of the controversy.

4, By means of working in society, they can have a grasp of their favorite knowledge and therefore, on coming back to university, they are certainly able to know how to better deal with innumerable courses in their major.
    As a result of their experiences, they have much knowledge of their profession. Thus, they are well-prepared to handle numerous courses in their specialty.

How's that?

:)

RonBee is offline Moderator
    • Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Other
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States
    Post Thanks / Like

5, It may as well not get such job at all for them as get one but uselessly.
    I have only the vaguest idea what that means. :?

6, This problem is equal to a two-edged sword which can be used good or bad equally.
    A better metaphor would be: "The situation is a double-edged sword."

7, The issue of whether nature or nurture decides the personality of child is, in my opinion, a social rather than a medical problem, for there is a large number of factors involved in this area.
    I don't think problem is the right word there. Perhaps issue would fit better there. Say there are a large number of factors.

8, I am always amazed to hear that because no evidence now can prove its accuracy.
    Perhaps:

• I am always amazed to hear that, because there is no known evidence that proves the truth of that claim.

That looks good to me. :D

9, If someone argues that what is discussed above lays too much stress on one’s external environment, then here we can see what a huge influence the situation exerts on one’s inner world.
    That looks okay. (Absent any context, I can't be sure what the writer is talking about.)

10, Education teaches our minds and experience changes our insides.
    I would say that education is a type of experience. Do you mean to say that experience changes a person's outlook on things?

11, Another negative impact, if smoking is still out of control, is its meaning towards the youth
    You will have to rephrase that.

12, In the event that the number of those young smokers----this generation who should have splendid life in the future----- increases, certainly the possibilities of danger to society would be larger.
    Say which instead of who. Say greater instead of larger.

13, It will be very little beneficial for foreigners communicating with local people, let alone the construction of friendship.
    That's a little vague. Who is supposed to benefit--the foreigners or the local people?

8)

eric2004 Guest

Sir, you made my sentences brilliant. xixi. Thanks.

1, When facing the essential business issues, yougn managers have strong, healthy bodies and mentalities to overcome difficulties .However, elder leaders have become more vulnerable towards such desicion-making process with time goes by.
    (is it better,Sir?.Or, Mr. Ron? Faint, I intend to think about "Mr. Anderson in The Matrix. I love that agent's voice. xixi.)

2, Retirement is the best approach for elder top managers to enjoy the rest of their lives. Meanwhile considering the interests of companies, young people need to have more opportunities to gain valuable experiences for the future challenge.

3. forget about it. I dont' know how to express it either. Xixi.

4. The issue of whether nature or nurture decides the personality of child is, in my opinion, a social rather than a medical controversy, for there are a large number of factors involved in this area.

5, Education in university teaches our minds and experience aquired from society changes our insides.

6,Another negative impact is its meaning towards the youth if smoking still goes out of control.

7, Travel brings very little benefits to foreigners communicating with local people, let alone (not to mention?) bridging friendship?

Sir, bridge a gap = eliminate a gap or set up a gap?

Sir, could you tell me some basic principles of writing a essay?

Such as, active or passive, the or no the, when I use "be ..." or when i use " verb....." or " adj....."

I have totally no ideas about them. So I merely write an essay by instinct. 55555.

Hmm, just tell me basic issues. Sir. I can't master complex ideas yet. Pity. 5555555

• Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Other
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Sir, you made my sentences brilliant. xixi. Thanks.
    You're welcome. :D

1, When facing the essential business issues, yougn managers have strong, healthy bodies and mentalities to overcome difficulties .However, elder leaders have become more vulnerable towards such desicion-making process with time goes by.
    (is it better,Sir?.Or, Mr. Ron? Faint, I intend to think about "Mr. Anderson in The Matrix. I love that agent's voice. xixi.)
    I think what the writer is saying there is that younger managers are more able and that because they are strong and healthy and mentally agile they are more capable of facing up to the pressures of business decisions than older managers. The older managers are, supposedly, not so good at it because they are so frail. And the older they get the more frail they get, and those doddering old fools become obstacles to progress (or business success). :wink:

You may call me sir if you wish. (Only "my kids" called me Mr. Ron.)

• Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Other
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States
    Post Thanks / Like

You have lots of questions. :wink:

2, Retirement is the best approach for elder top managers to enjoy the rest of their lives. Meanwhile considering the interests of companies, young people need to have more opportunities to gain valuable experiences for the future challenge.
    • Retirement is the best thing for the older managers. That way they can get out of the way and enjoy the rest of their lives. Additionally, that will give younger employees more opportunities to gain valuable experience, which will help them succeed at business.

What do you think? :)

3. forget about it. I dont' know how to express it either. Xixi.
    I don't remember what that one said. I guess I have already forgotten. :wink:

4. The issue of whether nature or nurture decides the personality of child is, in my opinion, a social rather than a medical controversy, for there are a large number of factors involved in this area.
    I would use issue rather than controversy, because controversy strongly suggests that there is a debate going on about something. We already know there is a controversy, but that's not the issue. :wink:

Other than what I mentioned, that looks good to me. :D

5, Education in university teaches our minds and experience aquired from society changes our insides.
    Perhaps:

• Education is different from "real world" experience, which confronts us with having to put our education to work.

Or: puts our education to the test.

• Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Other
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States
    Post Thanks / Like

6,Another negative impact is its meaning towards the youth if smoking still goes out of control.
    Perhaps:

• Smoking has a negative impact on young people, especially if it gets out of hand.

What do you think? :)

7, Travel brings very little benefits to foreigners communicating with local people, let alone (not to mention?) bridging friendship?
    [list][list]
    • Travel brings benefits such as being able to meet and make friends with people in foreign countries.

You can't say very few benefits (not very little benefits), because that means not very many, which is negative.

I think it is better to look at it from the viewpoint of the traveler. Also, anybody is a foreigner when he is in a country not his own.

Sir, bridge a gap = eliminate a gap or set up a gap?
    The phrase bridge a gap is an analogy to building a real bridge. You can, for example, bridge a communications gap. That is, you can learn to understand people despite the problem of a language barrier.

Does that help? :)

Sir, could you tell me some basic principles of writing a essay?
    Possibly. How's this:

• Every essay should have a beginning, a middle, and an end.

As someone once said, you should say what you are going to say, say it, then say what you said. In other words, (1) give a brief outline of your essay; (2) state your case (make your argument or explanation); and (3) sum up what has been said. Those are good guidelines, I think, for a general outline of an essay.

Generally it is better to use active voice, as it is punchier, but there is nothing wrong with using passive voice once in a while.

Of course, it gets more complicated when it gets down to the nuts and bolts of it, but that provides, I think, a good general guideline for writing essays.

:D

eric2004 Guest

Sir, thank you this time again.

Travel brings benefits such as being able to meet and make friends with people in foreign countries.

I meant to say travel can't bridge a gap between travelers and local people. How to say that then?

Btw, Sir, teach me some expression, ok?

Like, 1 "bring a lot of (many, major,) benefits to (from) "

What else can replace "bring" and benefits? advantage?

2, exert (put, place) negtive, (adverse, significant, great) influences( impaccts)

What else cool expressions for these two meanings?

3, women's weaknesses: fragility (noun.) frail, fragile ( adj)

What else?

4, harm , damage, deteriorate, contaminate, destroy. the usage of such words , and when they can be used to human beings. and when they can be used to things? Or as I wish?

• Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Other
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by eric2004
    I meant to say travel can't bridge a gap between travelers and local people. How to say that then?
    Since travel is nothing more than moving from one place to another, it does not, frankly, make much sense to suggest that it can do such a thing as bridge a communications gap or to say it cannot. In any case, you said it as well as it can be said.

• Member Info
      • Member Type:
      • Other
      • Native Language:
      • American English
      • Home Country:
      • United States
      • Current Location:
      • United States
    Post Thanks / Like

You can say advantages and you can say benefits. Harm, damage, deterioration, etc. can all be used for both people and things. For synonyms, go here: http://thesaurus.reference.com/

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123